[N00B Q] How to select camera for image render

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Cas

[N00B Q] How to select camera for image render

Postby Cas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm making a simple wallpaper logo from gold letters, for myself for now, using some stuff in this tutorial
Now I've got some cool results, but as I'm working on two different monitors, I want to render a slightly rotated view for the second monitor (also because they're different resolutions, and the black camera borders are visible on the second screen, taller render)
So I figured the best way to do this without duplicating the Blender .blend file and moving the camera in that scene, is just add another camera and render a picture from that one. So I duplicated the camera, adjusted position etc, selected it and made it the 'active' camera with Ctrl-NumPad0, but then if I press F12, Blender still renders from the first camera.
TLDR:
What do I have to do to select another camera for rendering an image? Something on the timeline?

CoDEmanX

Postby CoDEmanX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 pm

"Set active object as camera" should work, but you also try Scene tab, there's a camera field
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

Cas

Postby Cas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 pm

So I found a workaround, namely, if you use the photo camera button named "restrict renderability" it will finally render with the other camera. :)

Return to “Rendering”