Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Expanding team for AAA Unity3d Project(age 13-17)

Devoir1594m

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 am
We have been working on a AAA game for a some time (by we I mean my friend and I). We both thought that if we wish to improve and finish our project faster then we would have to get more team members/expand our team.
I am the main coder, designer, and main developer of the game, main website creator (anything that has to do with the website), main database holder, legal associate, and several other parts I have. I also model and animate although my skills in that area are low.
My friend's job is the main designer, main audio effects, and main SFX for the game. He also models (although just like me, does an equal job as I do)
note that we have worked with Unity3d for several years and have recently started a big project. We also have vast amounts of knowledge in other areas encompassed by computers.

We would like to expand our team. We will accept pretty much anybody who has atleast used Unity3d - which if your'e on these forums then you most likely have. Here is what we are mainly looking for:
3D Modelers who has had good experience in modeling
Level map designers
Coders (We use C# since it is optimized)
Textures
Game Designers (of any type)
Any other thing that could possible help us in a fair way with the project - such as sound, or visual effects, etc.
Age 13-17 is preferred as you are within the teams age group. Also that is where the most motivation will come from.

Pay/Benefits - Commonly asked when doing something for someone you don't know. This is why we would like kids between the age of 13 and 17. Until the game is launched and you have not opted-out of the project then you will receive some money once the project has launched. Sounds boring? Consider that this project is expected to be big - money is our goal through this project. We have worked on the project for some time now and money is one of our priority's. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17 then you have a good amount of time on your hands - aside from school, which is more important.
If you create some works of art for the project and you do decide to opt-out then you have the right to take your work with you or give the rights of your work to us, and in return we can give you a percentage of the money, or a constant of money, we receive if the project does finish.

Win-Win - This is a win-win situation.
How? If you do finish the project all the through and the project succeeds - great work gets rewarded, that is a fact of life - (we expect the project will succeed) then you will receive money for the works you did most likely by percentage. And if you opt-out you still have a change at earning some money even if you give the right of your work to us and you can add this project to your resume of how many years you have been modeling/coded/SFX/etc. and had a learning curve through the work that you did.
If you take the rights to your work then we do not own them and we will not use them in the project for any future releases.
PS: Both my friend and I have had over 5 years in computer science related experience.

Tehrasha

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:52 am
Sounds like a great way to get some work done on a project without all the headaches of a legally binding contract.

gazda

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:32 pm
can you give out your e mail address or something so I can contact you about the details etc. ?

Jump to: