bf-blender / windows (2004/01/05)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dmoc

Postby dmoc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:58 am

Blenders yafray path keeps defaulting to the first directory entered, ie, I can changed it, render ok, save and quit. When I open again the original path is back :shock:

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:35 am

eeshlo wrote:JA-forreal:
You have set the path in in YFexportdir in the userdefault window in Blender?
The system path is not used at all, it doesn't matter to the export, only to yafray.

The path should be the full path to the yafray temporary export directory, but probably without the end slash (which could cause problems) so in your case something like 'c:\yafray\blender'.

This can be editted in the code though, I can imagine this will confuse some others as well.

I am using the windows system Environment variable settings. Are you saying that I don't need to use the Windows Environment "PATH" variables? Should I only use the YFexportdir in the userdefault window in Blender? I not sure if I understand you correctly?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:35 am

The system path is not used at all, it doesn't matter to the export, only to yafray.

The path should be the full path to the yafray temporary export directory, but probably without the end slash (which could cause problems) so in your case something like 'c:\yafray\blender'.

This can be editted in the code though, I can imagine this will confuse some others as well.

I am using the windows system Environment variable settings. Are you saying that I don't need to use the Windows Environment "PATH" variables? Should I only use the YFexportdir in the userdefault window in Blender? I not sure if I understand you correctly?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:24 am

Thanks Eeshlo!

You gave a simple solution to setting the new Blender and Yafray export builds Yafray program path. In the drop down menu I added the link to the Yafray rendering software in the "YFexport:" setting.

I set the "YFexport:" to g:\YafRay\- where Yafray is installed. It works!

I hope that this helps other Windows users to test out the new Blender software with Yafray Exporting.

Blend on!

jo

Postby jo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:48 am

it works and looks great, but yafray ignores my reflection-, alpha- and refractionsettings!!! :(

Mel_Q

Postby Mel_Q » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:18 pm

jo wrote:it works and looks great, but yafray ignores my reflection-, alpha- and refractionsettings!!! :(

Almost the same here....

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:13 pm

Thanks eeshlo this works!

JA-forreal

Postby JA-forreal » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:42 pm

Thanks, this works!

Return to “Testing Builds”