bf-blender / windows (2004/01/05)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Goofster

bf-blender / windows (2004/01/05)

Postby Goofster » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:18 pm

www.elysiun.com/~roel/blenderbuilds/bf- ... 040105.zip

This build is built with MSVC, Quicktime, International support and OpenAL support is enabled. Gameengine is not available.

new stuff:

- first step of Yafray integration.
> press Yafray in the rendersettings
> add GI options in the new yafray GI panel
> press render :)

For this to work you have to have the new 0.0.6 yafray available at www.yafray.org
In the filepaths you can set the default directory to save yafray XML files to.

Roel

ps. stole half of jesterkings post for this, I'm evil :)

JA-forreal

Postby JA-forreal » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:32 pm

Blender can't find the Yafray Path. The Extractor script finds the Yafray Path. Am I setting up the Yafray path right for the New Blender/Yafray render setup correctly? I followed the steps that you mentioned.

kirpre

Postby kirpre » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:34 pm

Does anyone happen to know if the yafray integration has a way of handling UV image mapping yet?

jesterKing
Site Admin

add to PATH

Postby jesterKing » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:50 pm

Make sure you add yafray to your path. With the installation file comes a readme.txt with instructions of how to set your PATH environment variable correctly.

YAFRAY_DIR in that document has to be replaced with the directory you installed yafray to.

/jesterKing

jo

Postby jo » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:57 pm

you did a great job! does the plugin support reflections too?

eeshlo

Postby eeshlo » Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:43 pm

With regards to yafray/blender and current supported options:
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... pic&t=2669

no plugin is used yet, it is only temporary xml export.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:27 pm

I still getting "'yafray' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Could not execute yafray. Is it in path?"

Yes it is in PATH -;g:\yafray\yafray.exe -

I thought that we could now run Yafray form any drive or dir of our choosing. Do I have to go back to installing Yafary on drive C:\Yafray?

The python versions of yafray exporters have no trouble finding Yafray without the path variable on my Windows 2000 systems.

Is something wrong with my windows path variable structure or is their some other setting that is not stated that I should know?

Thanks for your help.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:29 pm

I still getting "'yafray' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I thought that we could now run Yafray form any drive or dir of our choosing. Do I have to go back to installing Yafary on drive C:\Yafray?

The python versions of yafray exporters have no trouble finding Yafray without the path variable on my Windows 2000 systems.

Is something wrong with my windows path variable structure or is their some other setting that is not stated that I should know?

Thanks for your help.

JA-forreal

Postby JA-forreal » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:31 pm

I'm still getting, 'yafray' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I thought that we could now run Yafray form any drive or dir of our choosing. Do I have to go back to installing Yafray on drive C:\Yafray?

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by JA-forreal on Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmoc

Postby dmoc » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:35 pm

win98 here, installed in c:\yafray, failed before and after adding to path (and rebooting). I have a subdir c:\yafray\blender and yafray is working from the cmd line in that directory. In the blender file paths I have "\yafray\blender\" but still no luck.

Zarabadoo

Postby Zarabadoo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:00 am

in XP i had to set the path to ";d:\graphics\YafRay\;YAFRAY_DIR" to get it to work. it seems to be working spendidly.

Caronte

Postby Caronte » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:00 am

I was installed yafray in the same directory as Blender and now work nice.
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

eeshlo

Postby eeshlo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:05 am

JA-forreal:
You have set the path in in YFexportdir in the userdefault window in Blender?
The system path is not used at all, it doesn't matter to the export, only to yafray.

dmoc wrote:win98 here, installed in c:\yafray, failed before and after adding to path (and rebooting). I have a subdir c:\yafray\blender and yafray is working from the cmd line in that directory. In the blender file paths I have "\yafray\blender" but still no luck.

The path should be the full path to the yafray temporary export directory, but probably without the end slash (which could cause problems) so in your case something like 'c:\yafray\blender'.

This can be editted in the code though, I can imagine this will confuse some others as well.

Again, keep in mind that this was only testing code, it wasn't meant to be released yet, it was only tested on Linux sofar. I only released the code because of all the delays I had last year, and didn't want to keep the developers waiting any longer, which might have caused problems keeping up with the constant changes eventually.

kencanvey

Postby kencanvey » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:20 am

JA-forreal
"I'm still getting, 'yafray' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Yes it is in PATH -;g:\yafray\yafray.exe -"

try taking out the \yafray.exe bit, all I aded to my path was ;c:\yafray, also this 006 ersion of yafray makes a folder called "YafRay" not "yafray".

hope it helps mate, I spent ages trying to get it to work, only to find Yafray don't like spaces in folder names :shock:

Ken

dmoc

Postby dmoc » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:30 am

I'm a newbie to this stuff but I notice yafray save path had a "//" in it processing the YBtest.xml. So I opened up the xml and found this line at the bottom...

Code: Select all

<outfile value="\yafray\blender\\YBtest.tga" />

I am waiting for another test to finish and will run again with an edited path. Update soon.

Edit: OK, made the following manual edits (dims and aa only reduced to save time) and success. So prob is the path (on w98 at least). Now to try blender again.

Code: Select all

<camera name="MAINCAM" resx="160" resy="120" focal="1.093750" >
   <from x="0.000000" y="-8.614471" z="1.812984" />
   <to x="0.000000" y="-7.664184" z="1.501609" />
   <up x="0.000000" y="-8.303098" z="2.763271" />
</camera>

<render camera_name="MAINCAM"
   raydepth="3" gamma="1.500000" exposure="0.000000"
   AA_passes="1" AA_minsamples="1"
   background_name="world_background"
   AA_pixelwidth="2" AA_threshold="0.06" bias="0.0001" >
   <outfile value="c:\yafray\blender\YBtest.tga" />
</render>

</scene>

Edit: yeah... changed yaf path in blender to "/yafray/blender" and it works!

Return to “Testing Builds”