bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/07)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jesterKing
Site Admin

bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/07)

Postby jesterKing » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:54 am

This build has been obsoleted by a newer build

todays CVS build:

http://www.letwory.net/cvsbuilds/bf_blender_windows_20040107.zip

Again, this is build with the SCons, using MSVC7 as the compiler. It has TTF, International, Quicktime and OpenAL support compiled in. There is no game-engine, we hope to get it enabled at some point, though (keep the faith!).

New in this build:

* (new feature) A patch by me for setting the amount of processors (multi-processor support!) to use when rendering with YafRay. The button can be found in the YafRayGI panel. For now a hard-coded limit of 8 procs, can be set higher on request.
* (bug fix) The Export directory for YafRay is handled a bit different now, so it should allow spaces in the directory name.
* (progress) Displacement now works for all object types, with varying suitability (eg. curves, because of there relatively low renderface count.
* (feature) UV-mapping for displacement
* (bug fix) A small bugfix for windows, concerning the installation dir (the directory blender.exe is in). It is now recognized correctly. (by me and aphex, who pointed out some incomplete parts). This means that .b.blend is now saved to the .blender/ directory in under the directory blender.exe is installed.
* (feature) OOPS schematic menus
* (feature) CTRL comma/period hotkeys for 'median point' pivot and 'individual object centers' pivot.
* (progress) Knife usability fix.
* (progress) Code cleaning.
* (bug fix) "Character doesn't
crouch when I pull his spine downward"-bug fixed due to updated pose figuring code by hos.

Enjoy!

/jesterKing
Last edited by jesterKing on Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

JA-forreal

Postby JA-forreal » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:44 am

Thanks Blender coders! And thanks jesterKing for this build. The displacement mapped scenes rendered in Yafray are amazing!

Erufailon

Postby Erufailon » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:50 am

Ok, I'm pretty dumb, so I posted this in yesterdays thread, but it didn't show there, so again: shadow only doesn't work with raytraced shadows.
is there a bug collecting place for cvs builds besides here? I mean I couldn't find where to post this, or if it has been posted already :?

Jerrot

Yafray

Postby Jerrot » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:19 pm

Thanks for the daily builds!! :)

Well, there are still some little problems with YAFRAY - after exporting the XML, it doesn't find my textures. It seems to me like this is caused by the filenames of the maps without leading device letter ( e.g. C: ), it works by manually editing the XML file.

Hm, ok it almost works... YAFRAY finds the textures, but after 30% of rendering it completely crashes while processing my scene. But I guess that's not a Blender problem, it happens with a standalone call, too. :( The example scene works fine though.

Jerrot

Re: Yafray

Postby Jerrot » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:33 pm

Jerrot wrote:YAFRAY finds the textures, but after 30% of rendering it completely crashes while processing my scene. But I guess that's not a Blender problem, it happens with a standalone call, too. :(

But when using the "Extractor" Script to export the scene to Yafray, it works !! Maybe there is something strange in the exported XML file of the new Yafray Export ? Can't find it though...

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:57 pm

The YafRay support is still WIP.

Jerrot

Postby Jerrot » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:37 pm

jesterKing wrote:The YafRay support is still WIP.

Sure, just wanted to give you some feedback! :wink:
The enormous speed of development is just unbelievable, great work!

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:02 pm

Good you like it :D There has been an awful lot of commits today again...!

blendermax

Postby blendermax » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:20 pm

how the §$%§$% do you get to the displacement mapping options/button(s)???!!!!!111

edit: never mind, figured it out... or rather, modron figured it out for me :D
Last edited by blendermax on Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leon

Postby leon » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:26 pm

displacement mapping took me a while to figure out!

Try this: use the standard plane..... Set subsurf on, display level = 0, render level = 6, click on "simple". (beside "subsurf")

Add a cloud texture to the material: click on "disp" in "map-to" settings...

Then render!

kencanvey

Postby kencanvey » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:42 pm

also concerning displacement, adjusting "VAR" in "Map to" value adds or takes away how much the texture effects displacement, just in case you didn't know :D

Ken

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:46 pm

updated build, edited first post

VirtualDarKness

Postby VirtualDarKness » Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:51 pm

Hi, thanks for the build!

I'd like to share with you this simple bat file that I've put inside my blender folder (it has to be called yafray.bat) to run yafray without have to change system files..

Code: Select all

PATH=%PATH%;c:\programmi\yafray\
c:\programmi\yafray\yafray.exe %1 %2 %3

(change c:\programmi\yafray to your yafray folder's path).

I hope it can help!

bye,
Giovanni.
http://www.blender.it - You'd better to use Firefox instead of IE! ;)

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:30 pm

VirtualDarKness wrote:Hi, thanks for the build!

I'd like to share with you this simple bat file that I've put inside my blender folder (it has to be called yafray.bat) to run yafray without have to change system files..

Code: Select all

PATH=%PATH%;c:\programmi\yafray\
c:\programmi\yafray\yafray.exe %1 %2 %3

(change c:\programmi\yafray to your yafray folder's path).

I hope it can help!

bye,
Giovanni.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Thank You!

It works! Now I have to do something with it!

Mr_B

Postby Mr_B » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:20 pm

JesterKing - This newer version (second Jan.07 release) of yours is not letting me save over default settings to retain the file paths. It was working just fine with your first Jan.07 release. If this is just me, could you/someone help with troubleshooting this problem.

What I have done before was: Extract files from zip to it's own folder, then copy/paste to the blender folder. This usually works for me nicely, even with the first Jan.07 release. I have also tried running this build from it's own folder and still have the same error. Any thoughts and probable causes would be most helpful.

[edit]
I've tried just about everything including deleting the .b file and the NAN folder in application data. It works fine with other builds, like I pointed out above, just not with this one. I asume I'm the only one with this problem. Anyways, even after uninstalling, re-installing this build hates me or my machine.
[/edit]

Return to “Testing Builds”