Why would Ton may want to eliminate renderer?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Coz

Why would Ton may want to eliminate renderer?

Postby Coz » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:32 pm

In the conference report i read that if Ton could do Blender again, what would he change to it, and he said he would eliminate the renderer. My question is why would Ton do that? Is there something wrong with it or it is that there are free renderers on the net?

S68

Postby S68 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:03 pm

Well,

besides asking myself "why did you post this on the Documentation Forum"

I think I can answer:

1 - YES there are some very good free renderers out there.

2 - He did not say that he would make a rendererless blender, but an OpenGL 2.0 blender, this means using OpenGL 2.0 libraries for rendering, rather than writing a renderer from schratch.

Stefano

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:53 pm

Yes, and this because the current Blender rendering resembles a lot to what OpenGL2 promises to do.

That way Blender can remain lightweight, and render sufficient quality pics in record time. And by providing good integration with 3rd party renderers, you can get the additional movie quality pics if you require so.

Coz

Postby Coz » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:36 am

:( Sorry for posting the message in the documentation forum.
I posted it here because when i wrote the message i was in a rush and i tought that the Blender conference reports could be like documenting the conference, i just didn't scrolled down to see the Rendering forum...

Return to “Documentation & Education”