bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/14)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Erufailon

Postby Erufailon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:03 pm

Another test:

Larger room, light farther away, but accordingly stronger, still only one lightsource, and I seem to have some caustics there as well, and some photon artifacts too.

And one more and I quit bothering you, but this feature is so amazing:

Same as the first one, except for that there is that block in the way :)

O, and I think it works nicely :D :D :D

jamesshuang

Postby jamesshuang » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:49 am

Wow, any way you can post the .blend for the last picture you made? That looks incredible! Yablex works so well though, but I'm very tempted to use the new features in blender...

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:11 am

This CVS build has been obsoleted by a newer build

Erufailon

Postby Erufailon » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:50 pm

jamesshuang:

No, sorry, I've changed it, but it's just a box with another box in it. The glass is very simple to modell, and the blue ball is also not that hard.
You need full GI method, pull up the radius ( I use 35), and the mix count (I used 300), and you need lots of photons. There is the tune photons button, use that for previes renders, without the cache turned on, it's faster, and shows the photon map. The map is artifacty, but they will dissapear when you turn the tune button off.
O, and I had to turn the GI power down to a minimum, so only lights affected the scene.
If a preview render is too bright (or completely white), turn down the lights power, or photons number. If it's too dark, or black, turn those up.
Still I'm not sure it is supposed to work this way, but the results are pretty good.

Return to “Testing Builds”