bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/18)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jesterKing
Site Admin

bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/18)

Postby jesterKing » Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:57 pm

Todays CVS Build:

This CVS build has been obsoleted by a newer build
http://www.letwory.net/cvsbuilds/bf_blender_windows_20040118.zip

Again, this is build with the SCons, using MSVC7 as the compiler. It has TTF, International, Quicktime and OpenAL support compiled in. I created SConscripts to enable the gameengine, which is now available for the ODE physics, so no Solid yet. The build has been scanned for viruses and is found to be clean.

An extra note on the gameengine: the SConscripts are not yet in CVS, but they do use the CVS code for the engine. And it's ODE only

Number of commits since previous build:
* 14 commits
* last commit 2004/01/17 19:40:22 CET

Tthe relevant parts from the CVS commit logs:

* (progress) Ffonts Correction of line distance behaviour for Text objects. Breaks compatability with older .blends, update them!
* (bug fix) subsurf Subsurf now gets rendered when in faceselect mode.
* (bug fix) interface Enter key on numbutton increases/decreases again.
* (progress) script menu Re-evaluation of scripts directory now possible from Blender itself, and some other improvements
* (progress) interface Fixed non-working toolbox entries, and added menu items to IPO, Sequencer, and Sound menus
* (bug fix) editing ctrl-rightmouse not allowing selection of other objects for vertex parenting fixed.
* (bug fix) interface lamp name now drawn at correct location in 3d window
* (bug fix) sound fix for bug #887 as reported by peterdb, who also assisted in solving it.
* (progress) raytracer new options: lamp only shadow and material only shadow for ray shadow.
* (bug fix) scene Fix for Ipo for a Camera block not being created when doing a "Full Copy" of a scene.
* (bug fix) posemode renaming of bones also reflected in pose channel, keeping constraints valid.

I skipped the 2004/01/17 build, as there where no interesting commits, and I thought a bigger update would be more interesting.

Warning: clicking an item from the import menu crashed my system using this build. IanWill is looking into getting this fixed.

Enjoy!

/jesterKing
Last edited by jesterKing on Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

leon

Postby leon » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:40 am

Quick question on yafray export if anyone knows the answer!!

Is it correct that global photonlight is limited to depth=1? The last couple of CVS (I haven't tested earlier) will only export depth=1 no matter what the depth slider is set to.

I understand that pathlight should be set to depth 1 if you're using global photonlight though.

eeshlo

Postby eeshlo » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:25 am

Depth of global photonlight is the pathlight depth-1, so if it is 2 or less, this will always be 1. So you have to increase pathlight depth for this.
If global photonlight is used, the pathlight depth will automatically be set to 1, the depth seting (-1) is then only used for the global photonlight.

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:30 am

Ooops! :oops: thanks!

leon

Postby leon » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:35 am

above was me....

EDIT: strange, it let me reply without logging in, but only shows the message when I click reply....

but thanks! I will test better next time!

soletread

Postby soletread » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:43 am

From an earlier thread:
The BLENDIN is not working. If I have a 100 frame action strip with a 20 frame blendin set, the first 20 frames have no activity whatsoever. In other words, the strip only starts at frame 20. The blendin diagonal line does however show up at frame 1 in the NLA window.

Any comments on this?

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:10 am

Great, to hear the game engine is coming back slowly, I can't wait until it full functional in blender 2.3x. And I'm also planning to do more rendering in blender, great, thanks. 8)

leinad13

Postby leinad13 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:22 pm

:S No matter what i put in the Python Filepath name in windows, it always says invalid directory. Even if i used the file browser to get the directory.
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:21 pm

I notice some errors in rendering subsurfed objects in this and the previous build. Some normals appear flipped even when double sided is on. This can be corrected as usual by recalculating normals outside, but it shouldn't be necessary. Rendering in 2.26, the meshes render correctly.

Thanks for all these builds though ! Wish I had more time to play with them.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:41 pm

- Make sure there is no trailing slash
- try typing entirely by hand (ie. C:\blender\scripts )

kencanvey

Postby kencanvey » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:44 pm

jesterKing wrote:- Make sure there is no trailing slash
- try typing entirely by hand (ie. C:\blender\scripts )

Good grief! thats all it was, a trailing slash :D , now blender crashes just like everyone elses when I try to run a script from here :shock: :wink:

Ken

PS: thanks for the builds jesterKing. :D

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:55 pm

This slash thing is really silly. It should seriousely be fixed. Honestly, how could you possobly work this out?

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:18 pm

It's getting fixed...

Blender crashing when starting a script through the menus has been fixed -- you'll have to wait till tomorrow to get a new CVS Build :P Gathering more fixes to make tomorrows build more interesting... (instead of updating everydays build).

/jesterKing

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:14 am

Return to “Testing Builds”