Focal blur effect built-in?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

tomatensaft

Focal blur effect built-in?

Postby tomatensaft » Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:58 pm

Hello there,

Would it be possible to make this feature (see $subj.) built into Blender as a simple function so that one wouldn't need to do pretty complex manipulations to achieve this effect... The effect is really neat and I'm sure everybody would just love to have it as a simple sticky button, same as the "Shadows" button in the Render section...

I could come up with other feature reqs after some time...

Or, maybe it's a wrong topic? (Should have looked closer before posting...) I would appreciate a moderator to move this to an appropriate place. Thank you...

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:10 am

Yeah they should implantate it into blender as a feature, or get a system running that allows complex plugin load, like loading more then just render, material plugins into blender. But I agree with it, they need to build it into it :P

olivier

Postby olivier » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:25 pm

I don't understand why it's so hard to implement DOF in blender raytracer. I'm not a coder, but I guess that increasing the oversampling according to the Z-buffer information should do the trick. Parameters could be set the very same way it is set for the mist properties, with points along the view path of the camera in 3d views...
Surely enough, as oversampling would be tremendously increased, so will the rendering times... But what a joy!
Does all of this makes sense, or am I far away from reality? Please note that I'm not a DOF fan, and that I prefer the classical ray renders.

Return to “Rendering”