bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/23)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jesterKing
Site Admin

bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/23)

Postby jesterKing » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:33 am

Todays CVS Build:

This CVS build has finally been obsoleted by a newer build

http://www.letwory.net/cvsbuilds/bf_blender_windows_20040123.zip

Again, this is build with the SCons, using MSVC7 as the compiler. It has TTF, International, Quicktime and OpenAL support compiled in. The ODE-powered gameengine is now available, no Solid yet. The build has been scanned for viruses and is found to be clean.

Number of commits since previous build:
* 12 commits
* last commit 2004/01/23 03:59:54 CET

The relevant parts from the CVS commit logs:

* (bug fix) raytracer fixed bug #903 where in some cases horizontal lines would show in a raytraced render.
* (feature) modelling New loopcut version, mostly by Johnny Matthews. More info at the end of this post.
* (bug fix) unified render fixed specularity calculation, as pointed out by intrr.
* (bug fix) unified render added clipping for spothalo rendering.
* (progress) image format Targa max. size is now 8192x8192
* (progress) particles Particles on a face's position are modified by the seed variable
* (bug fix) armatures fixed deformation delay in animation rendering.
* (bug fix) armatures bones get updated while pressing NKEY in pose mode.
* (bug fix) python API fix for home directory on some windows version.
* (progress) python API added set/getSize to the Object module.
* (progress) python API In the Armature/Bone module bone.set now accepts both n floats or a list of n floats

As promised a little more on the new loopcut version:

new features:

- after choosing a loop to cut you go into a second mode that lets you choose where exactly on the edge you want to cut.
the placement is in percentages, so 0% is one side of the edge, and 100% is the other side.

- holding CTRL snaps the placement to whole percentages. 1.00 instead of the standard 0.01 of a percentage.

- Pressing S while you place the cut turns on Smooth-subdivide for the cut (or as I like to call it: Loopcutsubdividesmooth

- the percentages and the ON/OFF for smooth cut can be seen in the view3D header.

fixes:

- loop takes into account hidden vertices, this solves bug #895.
- Cutpreviews are drawn correctly for triangular faces.
- renamed the function from loop -> loopoperations. I'm sure someone has a problem with the new name too, but BLAH! :D
- the parameters for the function are defines. loopoperations(LOOP_CUT) cuts, and loopoperation(LOOP_SELECT) selects (duh). this is changes in all the places the function gets called.

Enjoy!

/jesterKing
Last edited by jesterKing on Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

kirpre

Postby kirpre » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:25 pm

I'd been anxiously awaiting the new loopcut functionality being added to the bf-blender. I've tried it in tohuapu (spelling?) and loved it. Thanks again jesterking for all the builds. :D

niket

Postby niket » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:53 pm

Thanx For every build.. jesterKing.
From many time there is no interesting commit on yafRay front.. we are waiting for..! :D

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:22 pm

The scripts in menus STILL don't show up unless I write a custom python path. The Blender/Scripts folder has quite a few scripts in it. I thought it should automaticly searh in Blender/scripts for any AS WELL as the Python path..

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:33 pm

Blender writes this when I open:

Code: Select all

Expected default dir in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
\Not a Number\Blender\.blender\scripts\ .

It looks to me like the path is absolute, not relative as it should be.

Oh and it still doesn't recognise the python path if there is a "\" at the end (which there is by default)

soletread

Postby soletread » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:37 pm

Is the light DIST slider maxing at 100 a permanent feature? How do we set a dist above 100? If I shift click and type in a value greater than 100 it resets back to 100. How do you change the effective dist beyond this then?

I have tried scaling the light and this does draw a longer dist indication in the 3D window, but doing this does not affect the HALO at all.

gabio

Postby gabio » Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:41 pm

Again i got this when compile with your lib:

ftgl_static_ST.lib(FTPixmapGlyph.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbo
l __ftol2
blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
scons: *** [blender.exe] Error 1120
scons: building terminated because of errors.

If you don't know it's okay, look like scons isn't ready to be used by the community anyway...

lemmy

Postby lemmy » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:26 pm

Well...The Game engine works, except the framerate is about 1/3 of what it is in blender 2.25. Plus, the dloc works fine, but the LinV does not. Why is this? Also, great job jesterking, thank you for your daily updates. :D
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Visit L3D for cool 3D stuff!
Home of Legacy of Taro, the 3d action/adventure samurai game.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:57 pm

gabio wrote:Again i got this when compile with your lib:

ftgl_static_ST.lib(FTPixmapGlyph.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbo
l __ftol2
blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
scons: *** [blender.exe] Error 1120
scons: building terminated because of errors.

If you don't know it's okay, look like scons isn't ready to be used by the community anyway...

This in itself has nothing to do with SCons. It looks more like a library is missing from your path.

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:43 am

What about a feature, when you close blender and your file isn't saved, a window popups and ask you to save or just quit. I always save before I quit, but there are times that I quit blender without saving, and then afther it think about "did I saved it?" :?

TorQ

Postby TorQ » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:56 am

Whatever happened to wireframe view in face select mode?

TorQ

Thanks for the Daily Builds!

gabio

Postby gabio » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:44 am

jesterKing wrote:This in itself has nothing to do with SCons. It looks more like a library is missing from your path.

Dho! Ok.. well What is this path you are talking about? sys path, python path, a variable, a file, maybe the source tree?
If there is only a place to specify, i'm will to write it. And the file isn't missing...

lemmy

Postby lemmy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:25 pm

jd-multi wrote:What about a feature, when you close blender and your file isn't saved, a window popups and ask you to save or just quit. I always save before I quit, but there are times that I quit blender without saving, and then afther it think about "did I saved it?" :?

Yeah, definitely! And what about my question?
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Visit L3D for cool 3D stuff!

Home of Legacy of Taro, the 3d action/adventure samurai game.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:30 am

Return to “Testing Builds”