Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Publisher 2.25 IRIX is unusable!

intrr

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:28 am
Sorry to post a similar topic again, but I just wanted to point out that Blender Publisher 2.25 on IRIX doesn't interact correctly with the window manager (this problem applies to both Window Maker (?.? appears as the application Name) _AND_ 4DWM (window doesn't resize to fullscreen).
Publisher 2.25 is still unusable on IRIX! PLEASE, if possible, release a fixed version!
(Imagine if i had paid for it Smile

sedgetone

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:18 pm
Did you try it with the -w switch as it works dine on my 6.5.7f, 6.5.9 and 6.5.17 boxes?

Sedgetone

Hos

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 3:18 pm
intrr wrote:
Sorry to post a similar topic again,

Yes you should be sorry -- that is annoying.

intrr wrote:
but I just wanted to point out that Blender Publisher 2.25 on IRIX doesn't interact correctly with the window manager (this problem applies to both Window Maker (?.? appears as the application Name) _AND_ 4DWM (window doesn't resize to fullscreen).
Publisher 2.25 is still unusable on IRIX! PLEASE, if possible, release a fixed version!

The problem occurs on other platforms too -- blender doesn't register WM_CLASS with
X. Maybe try sawfish if there's an irix port (it allows you to set window properties for
windows that don't register WM_CLASS, whereas windowmaker doesn't).

intrr wrote:
(Imagine if i had paid for it Smile

I paid for it (in the form of a Blender Foundation membership) -- no biggie. Just chill out
and I am sure someone will figure out the problem eventually (probably quicker if you pay
them to fix it ... yet probaly slower if you continue to post the same problem to the
forums multiple times until it gets fixed).

Chris

Tubal_C

Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 5:19 pm
Runs good on my IRIX box. 6.5.17.
No issues at All.

intrr

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:13 pm
Uhm... yes, i could try yet another different window manager, but note that it DOES work fine with Blender Creator 2.23. The problem appeared with 2.25.

ton

Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:44 pm
this problem was caused by the switch from Glut to Ghost. Just a matter of checking the Ghost code for correct borderless windows.

intrr

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:14 am
Well, making the code correctly set the window border/titlebarless wouldn't be enough, because Window Maker doesn't even recognize the Window name (WM_CLASS property) anymore, which means that you can't save any property you set in the window manager, including, for example, "Don't bind keyboard shortcuts" - which is crucial because Blender uses a lot of hotkeys that Window Maker normally also uses.
Another problem is that it isn't even enough to set all those parameters every time you start Blender (you can still set them, just not save) -- the problem is that the render window is created anew each time you press F12, and windowmaker doesn't remember its attributes, so on every render, you have to go into the Window attributes menu again and set the appropriate things. heh.

So, as a conclusion, the problem is that Blender 2.25 doesn't set the WM_CLASS property anymore.

I hope I have not been too arrogant, and a bit helpful Smile

dmcbrayer8

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:53 am
why does the topic right above this say its the 28th...hmmmmm

dmcbrayer8

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:54 am
not topic but post....yeah

Jump to: