tuhopuu / windows (2004/02/23) BM UV some news

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bjornmose

tuhopuu / windows (2004/02/23) BM UV some news

Postby bjornmose » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:28 am

new builds experimental :oops: (2004/02/23)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mosebjorn/news/

this build is obsolete (2004/02/07)

sorry for those lycos ads
[edit 2004.02.05]
improved drawing of active face in 3d and image view

new features: (2004.02.04)
[EDIT]
.adapt to blender 2.32 UI ( menue vs header buttons )
.show shadow of entire mesh in UV image editor can be switched on/off in view menu
!!! UPDATE IS HERE !!!
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mosebjorn/latestbuild/
[/EDIT]

new features: (2004.02.01)
show shadow of entire mesh in UV image editor
welding mode in UV image editor:
1. enable "chain" icon or CTRL_RMB to select UVs belonging to a vertex in the mesh
2. choose "scale mode" by typing skey
3. welding is (de)activated by typing the wkey
4. if you want, you can switch to grab mode directly by typing gkey (implicit commiting welding)
or just commmit/escape the usual way (ESC/RMB escapes, LMB/RETURN/SPACE commits).

this build will not run until it "sees" some *.dll stuff
AFAIK "solid.dll, SDL.dll, gnu_gettext.dll"
to be save:
copy BMtuhopuu.exe to some experimatal directory and copy the above mentioned *.dll's from your
running blender/tuhopuu (2.3x) there

C+C welcome

what you get here is a very private tuhopuu build!
some of the features(bugs) may / or may not be present in the current CVS tree of blender/tuhopuu.

bjornmose
E-mail bjornmose(_a_t_)gmx.net

did fix the missing defines by adding some "fake" hoping kester will fix that
Last edited by bjornmose on Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:15 am, edited 9 times in total.

blendix

Postby blendix » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:32 am

Great to see you're still working on the uv editor. Can't test the new features right now cause I'm on a linux box. A patch of these features would be nice.

I've been coding some small uv tools too the past few days. I hope at least some of them will be useful. It would be nice if you could put these patches in your build (they are bf-blender patches, but should merge pretty well into tuhopuu).

Note that names are chosen badly, hotkeys are chosen randomly and their behaviour might not be ideal, so i'm open to suggestions :).

Hide/Unhide functions for the Image window. This should make "I want to select faces in the image window" feature requests obsolete. Functions are in the menu's, hotkeys are H, shift+H, alt+H, as in the 3D view.
http://users.pandora.be/blendix/blender ... ide_uv.txt

Heal UV function. 'Merge' all tex vertices that share the same vertex. Also works based on distance if you like. Functions are in the menu's, hotkeys are V and shift+V.
'Link' functions (in the same patch): Island select (think atlas uv map), Select Full Faces (select all faces that have at least one tex vertex selected), Unlink Selection (select only faces that were fully selected). Functions are in the menu's, hotkeys are L, shift+L, ctrl+L, alt+L.
http://users.pandora.be/blendix/blender ... l_link.txt

Global Scale down/up by 10%. This is kind of a hackish experimental fun feature :). Pressing M will scale down all faces indivually by 10%, so you can see all tex vertices. Now you can select exactly those tex vertices you want. Now press M again to scale up the faces.
http://users.pandora.be/blendix/blender ... oubles.txt

I hope I've explained these things clearly. It's pretty late here and I've been coding too long :shock:. I'll explains things better another time.

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:37 am

Wow this is great BM! Very nice indeed! This really speeds things up!

It would be nice if you could select UV faces in the 3D window and visa versa somehow. How about coding that? :)

blendix: Sounds very good indeed! I'd be interested to try it!

Sutabi

Postby Sutabi » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:51 am

Man this weld is just soooooooo much needed ^_^ also really nice to see cube mapping actrally works and that there is gui in blender for it now rather then a popup.

Would be nice if welded vertices could stay "stuck together" so you could just click one and the other will follow.

blendermax

Postby blendermax » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:18 pm

thumbs up!!

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:36 pm

:cry: I try it right now, but I can't get it to work, I downloade blender from 01/28/04 and tupohuu from around 01/26/04 and I copied the exe from your build into the map, but it can't find the solid.dll, but I don't have that one. :(

I also tried to copy it to the 2.25 version for solid, but it couldn't find the same dll. Anyways, I hope someone can help me, to check this awesome build. Right now I'm sitting here waiting for a response, because I'm bored. :D

thanks already. :P

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:23 pm

jd-multi wrote::cry: I try it right now, but I can't get it to work, I downloade blender from 01/28/04 and tupohuu from around 01/26/04 and I copied the exe from your build into the map, but it can't find the solid.dll, but I don't have that one. :(

I also tried to copy it to the 2.25 version for solid, but it couldn't find the same dll. Anyways, I hope someone can help me, to check this awesome build. Right now I'm sitting here waiting for a response, because I'm bored. :D

thanks already. :P

You can download solid.dll here :
http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/vie ... bf-blender

After downloaded, you have to apend the extension ".dll", et voilà !

Good 'Blending'

_Ph_ :wink:

bjornmose

Postby bjornmose » Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:11 am

hi all, thanks for response

blendix:
i took a brief look at the patches. some real nice functions in there. did not try to apply the patches to my tupopuu, but i feel that won't work because bf-blender and tuhopuu are quite out of sync. are the patches on the way to the bf-blender CVS tree? so if, i'd wait until the show up there and port it to tpuu from there.

Monkeyboi
It would be nice if you could select UV faces in the 3D window and visa versa somehow. How about coding that

blendix has done that, coming soon!

Would be nice if welded vertices could stay "stuck together" so you could just click one and the other will follow.

the button with the chains on it on the header bar ?

bjornmose

bjornmose

BMtuhopuu windows (2004.02.04) silly update for the UV jerks

Postby bjornmose » Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:06 am

new features: (2004.02.04)
.adapt to blender 2.32 UI ( menu vs header buttons )
.show shadow of entire mesh in UV image editor can be switched on/off in view menu

this build will not run until it "sees" some *.dll stuff
AFAIK "solid.dll, SDL.dll, gnu_gettext.dll,python22.dll"
to be save:
copy BMtuhopuu.exe to some experimatal directory and copy the above mentioned *.dll's from your
running blender/tuhopuu (2.3x) there

what you get here is a very private tuhopuu build!
some of the features(bugs) may / or may not be present in the current CVS tree of blender/tuhopuu.

lycos ads ! sorry.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mosebjorn/latestbuild/

bjornmose
E-mail bjornmose(_a_t_)gmx.net

bjornmose

news

Postby bjornmose » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:37 am

new builds experimental :oops: (2004/02/23)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mosebjorn/news/

display status for selecting in UV Editor
at the header menu
(sticky nodes)
(active face select)

C+C welcome

bjornmose

env

Postby env » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:39 pm

I tried these new features and let me say that they are WONDERFUL!
Thanks a lot for this huge improvement of the Blender UV editor. :shock:

Env

Return to “Testing Builds”