Animation in 3D View

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Tintenkiller

Animation in 3D View

Postby Tintenkiller » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:19 pm

:?
Hi,
I would like to know the number of frame per seconde in 3D View when you press Alt+A. Is it a fixe number or it depends to the power of the computer and the number of object?

MikaMTB

Postby MikaMTB » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:14 pm

It depends on how fast your computer can render it.
I don't know if there's actually a limit to that speed, I mean something somewhere that'd tell Blender "render to xx fps (or under if you can't)"

Tintenkiller

Postby Tintenkiller » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:59 am

Thank you very much.
Now it's a problem to me because I would like make 3D Real Time and so I can't used this method.
Do you know a solution to make 3D Real Time under Blender?

ilac

Postby ilac » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:19 pm

Use the sync button to drop frames and make the playback real-time.
The sync button is in the Sound section in the buttons panel.

Tintenkiller

Postby Tintenkiller » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:10 pm

I've find the sync button, but it doesn't solve my problem because in fact it's not my problem, sorry.

I describe my problem:
To make easy, I've in a file the co-ordinates of different objects which are space in time to a T time.
After this file will be fill in 3D Real Time with sensor information.
And so I would like read this file and have an animation in 3D real Time with this.
So, I would like know if Blender can make this?

xand

Postby xand » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:35 pm

i'll have to write a script to do this. there's a different existing script you could reuse. for example, to assign ipo key value.

+++

settra

Postby settra » Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:49 pm

Hi all,
I think this problem is a major one for people doing animations. It should be a bug fixed! Animation in 3D viewport should play at the speed indicated in the render panel (ex: 25fr/s). When you do an anim and see it all has been speeded up in the rendering, you are quite upset! I don't understand how this bug could have been for so long. Wasn't blender designed for doing animations ?

kflich

Postby kflich » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:47 pm

well, isn't that what preview renders are for ? i mean, i never had a problem with the playback speed in realtime and rendering. after you worked some time with animation you tend to calculate the speed conversion in your head. i just take the fact that my pc isn't fast enogth to playback the animations in 25 fps and go on. this is certainly not a bug. as far as i've seen c4d and 3dsmax don't mach the framerate either.

settra

Postby settra » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:19 pm

Yeah, that's right you can do a preview render but it's much much faster to type 'alt-a' and watch (when you got the cpu it takes to). As for 3dsMax 'n co, I don't know how they manage this problem but I really think it would be a good feature for blender to play in realtime. It would speed up productivity :D .

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:23 am

settra wrote:Yeah, that's right you can do a preview render but it's much much faster to type 'alt-a' and watch (when you got the cpu it takes to). As for 3dsMax 'n co, I don't know how they manage this problem but I really think it would be a good feature for blender to play in realtime. It would speed up productivity :D .

it tries to, is anyone listening?

blender used to play the frames, all of them, not caring about speed

with synch turned on in the sound buttons blender will skip frames because they simply take too long to calculate and draw, it does this to play the animation at the specfied rate (25 fps default). I would also bet that it will slow down so that the frames don't go by too fast as well

Return to “Animation”