Armature proposal

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

tubal

Postby tubal » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:59 pm

Stray \312 means that when you copied and pasted the code you picked up some nonbreaking spaces which must be replace with "normal spaces".

beatabix

Postby beatabix » Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:08 pm

tubal wrote:Stray \312 means that when you copied and pasted the code you picked up some nonbreaking spaces which must be replace with "normal spaces".

Ahhh. That would explain why loos code didn't work for me first time around. Anyway, it all worked out ok in the end.

So there's you answer money. remove all of the white space in the code and re-tab the whole section. that should sort you out.

if not, just be patient.
later
BEAT

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:16 pm

beatabix wrote:I really can't help you that much. I'm just playing here. I read the openGL programming guide last autumn, then a few other OGL books. My C/C++ knowledge is pretty pathetic, and I've only been digging around the Blender source for about a fortnight. Plus I'm compiling on WinXP with VC6, whereas you are on OSX.

Have you tried actually analysing your error messages?
Have you looked at line 1497 to see what the error message could mean? (I don't know what a 'stray /312' is)

Otherwise, wait until I post the C file. I'll even comment it for you (this stuff is really basic anyway).
later
BEAT

Ok I will wait, and then I can study what you did so I can correct my mistake.

beatabix

Postby beatabix » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:33 pm

Ok, here it is:
http://www.gwynimation.com/blender/editarmature.c

Provided as is. All sections of my code are preceeded by /* BEATcode */ comments, so just search the code to find it all. That's all I can do for the time being. There are so many things that would need to be changed, it isn't even funny. I'm afraid you're on your own from here on out.

later
BEAT

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:20 pm

tubal wrote:Stray \312 means that when you copied and pasted the code you picked up some nonbreaking spaces which must be replace with "normal spaces".

Hmm, that was it. I have not tried yet. But what encodeing is used for all of this compile code ? Is it Unicode 8 or ios it Unicode 16 ?Or does it matter? As when i save a file for python the code that shows up in blender is a mess where all of the spaces are contained.

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:43 pm

beatabix wrote:Ok, here it is:
http://www.gwynimation.com/blender/editarmature.c

Provided as is. All sections of my code are preceeded by /* BEATcode */ comments, so just search the code to find it all. That's all I can do for the time being. There are so many things that would need to be changed, it isn't even funny. I'm afraid you're on your own from here on out.

later
BEAT

Error in Tuhopuu2

meworks/OpenGL.framework editarmature.c -o /Users/ranch/projects/tuhopuu/tuhopuu2/obj/darwin-7.0.0-powerpc/blender/src/editarmature.o
editarmature.c:2104: error: conflicting types for `adduplicate_armature'
../include/BIF_editarmature.h:81: error: previous declaration of `adduplicate_armature'
editarmature.c:2310: error: conflicting types for `make_trans_bones'
../include/BIF_editarmature.h:100: error: previous declaration of `make_trans_bones'
editarmature.c: In function `create_vgroups_from_armature':
editarmature.c:2912: warning: implicit declaration of function `create_dverts'
make[3]: *** [/Users/ranch/projects/tuhopuu/tuhopuu2/obj/darwin-7.0.0-powerpc/blender/src/editarmature.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
[Doritoss-Computer:~/projects/tuhopuu/tuhopuu2] ranch%

Testing BF now

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:58 am

hmm, I finaly got BF to build and now have your file compiled to. But... There is no change . Hmm. I will try a make clean. BUt this is weird now. No change at all to a new armature.

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:50 am

Make clean did it ! Testing and building now ! Thankyou :D

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:23 pm

. Freaky! . The model is now a stick figure. Neat. He is anorexic. Needs some fat on him. I will se if I can hack something in now. Thankyou

beatabix

Postby beatabix » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:37 pm

To make the bones fatter, you need to change this line:

Code: Select all

/* BEATcode - changed to make bones skinnier */
   bulge=length*0.05;

i can't remember the line number, so just do 'find in file' for the word "skinnier". Change 0.05 to a higher value. Original was 0.1, you could even make it fatter still (eg 0.2).

later
BEAT

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:50 am

\
So much better. It still has some work to go. I changed the colors to better break form , The mesh is drawing backwards like inside out, but it is neat that way, it would be nice to have as an option.

So the last thing to do is find a way to either use or edit a custom mesh to work with it. I will try what I can do.

Return to “Animation”