dynamics as animation tool?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

solmax

dynamics as animation tool?

Postby solmax » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:25 am

actually this is a question to the developers - would it be possible/are you thinking to integrate the real time dynamics into "regular" blender as an animation tool? that would be, set up dynamic parameters like weight and gravity and run the simulation. the movement could be stored in a separate simulation channel and should be cached. changing parameters needs a new simulation. movement could be baked into keyframes.. etc etc.

actually a py-script would do - starting the g-engine for the desired amount of frames, save the motion data and put them on the desired motion channels.

best regards

marin

adrian

Postby adrian » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:57 am

Yea, I've been thinking about that for a while- making use of dynamics would create a really rosey future for Blender.

sedgetone

Postby sedgetone » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:51 am

Can't wait for the return of the games engine. Great idea Solmax lets hope the developers can do it.

Sedgetone

levon

Postby levon » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:09 am

solmax, yeah alot of people have thought of that already, theres a python script that will convert game physics stuff into ipos, check the script list on elysiun

fligh

Postby fligh » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:55 pm

This is one of the reasons Ton suggested resurecting the old engine from v2.04, realtime could be integral with the rest of blender. It seems the hype about solid and the constant volume of demands to get ANY game engine back effectivly obliterated that idea. Pity.

%<

sedgetone

Postby sedgetone » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:30 pm

I think putting in the old version would be a major backward step. Better to wait until the newer version of Solid or one of the other games engine's is implemented. That way everyone will be happy, animators and gamers alike.

I get goose bumps just thinking what Blender is going to be like another year down the line :!:

Sedgetone

joeedh

Postby joeedh » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:51 pm

There is actually the start of a dynamics animation system in the Blender codebase. I don't know if it works. Perhaps I'll look at it, now that SOLID is back,

joeedh

Return to “Animation”