bf-blender / Windows (02-21-2004): SUMO build

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

joeedh

bf-blender / Windows (02-21-2004): SUMO build

Postby joeedh » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:35 am

Well, here's bf-blender with the SUMO/SOLID code from tuhopuu2 compiled in. . .its buggy to the point of almost being unusable, but oh what the heck, maybe someone will use it. I can't seem to find any free hosting, so I'm posting a link to a BitTorrent torrent file.

For those who don't know, BitTorrent is a file distribution utility where the downloaders help distribute content. It is NOT a file-sharing (warez) utility per say, though that's what its mainly used for. Its a simple download window that only uploads the file for as long as you keep the window open.

Here it is:

http://tecknozone.servebeer.com:6969/torrent.html?info_hash=99865f3a431da8f1cbaebb774d11d4110623ba37

Note that I'm not sure this will work, the tracker seems to be primarily warez (I don't think they are any public ones that arn't, annoyingly enough) so it seems to be rather clogged-up. And I'm only going to host this for about a week.

If anyone knows of a nice, non-warez, free, simple tracker I can use, or some free hosting, then please feel free to email me at joeedh@yahoo.com.

*edit insert*Oh, and for some reason the SkateGirl demo doesn't work. It'll load in earlier versions of Blender, but in 2.3 in just says "internal error" whenever I try to open it. Maybe someone removed some old DNA structure that was there for backwards compatibility. . .?*/edit insert*

joeedh

joeedh

Postby joeedh » Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:49 pm

The tracker seems to have died. . .oh well. I guess this was just a big waste of time. .. unless anyone else has a tracker I can use? Hmm. . .well, if anyone wants to host this file, its Blender with the gameengine as it was origionally, except for some bugs.

joeedh

Apollux

Postby Apollux » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:08 pm

When posting .blends I use www.freewebz.com

They allow 500 mb transfer per month.

joeedh

Postby joeedh » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:56 am

Thanks! Bittorent is pretty good as a file transfer protocal, but finding a nice, non-clogged, (which means non-warez of course) public tracker seems to be a bit difficult.

I'll try FreeWebs.

joeedh

alien-xmp

Postby alien-xmp » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:48 am

You will get an Internal Error on blend files that have been encrypted (ie signed and locked.) The encryption loader was removed around Blender 2.28 IIRC.

Return to “Testing Builds”