Tuhopuu / Windows (2004/02/21)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nozzy

Tuhopuu / Windows (2004/02/21)

Postby nozzy » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:42 am

This is a old build, check newer posting

Tuhopuu with ODE
tuhopuu-2004-02-21-windows.zip

Check the logs for updates:
logs-febuary
Last edited by nozzy on Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

TorQ

Postby TorQ » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:28 am

Thanks for the build nozzy.

Just wanted to let Bjornmose and Blendix about a few bugs with the uv tools. First I wanted to say that these additions are great!

One of the most noticeable problems with the UV stuff in the image window is that the wireframes draw with more black than white making it hard to see. Also the O key does not turn on and off the proportional editing as one would expect you have to do so from the menu. The size of the circle that represents the Proportional fall off is much to small for how much it actually affetcts.

On a side note I see that the wireframe view in face select mode is back!! Yeah I have asked for that one!

*EDIT* OH MY CRAP!!! i just found out how GENIOUS the heal UV command is!! That is the most intelligent UV tool I think I have EVER seen! This is a tool that DOES NOt exist in MAX!

Thanks again!

TorQ

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:36 pm

Oh my god, the UV tools are amazing! The only thing we need now is a sort of "draw faces" view option in the UV/Image editor, since UV faces are still hard to see in the UV/Image Editor

Dracarys

Postby Dracarys » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:06 pm

where are our linux builds?!?!?!!?

JoOngle

Postby JoOngle » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:12 pm

Could someone be so kind to point ot WHAT the UV editor now does
and HOW one does it?

Cheers from a VERY eager Blender-user.

/JoOngle

blendix

Postby blendix » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:24 am

TorQ: Thanks for the constructive feedback! Bjornmose fixed the drawing of the lines, and I fixed the two other bugs in my code you pointed out.

Monkeyboi: Face drawing in the 3d view and UV editor as in your proposal are one my todo list.

JoOngle: Information on new tuhopuu features can be found in featurelist.txt in cvs. Would be nice if it could be included with the builds though. Here's a link to the latest version:

http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/vie ... ot=tuhopuu

JoOngle

Postby JoOngle » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:15 am

Thanks Blendix!

That seems like a LOT of new stuff, unfortunately I don't understand Squat
and it doesnt seem (to me) that it does the most important thing
in mapping....Display the selected mesh "uv" in the uv-editor
when selected onto the mesh

Or is there a way to do this without having to assemble every
single piece individually?!

/JoOngle

kflich

Postby kflich » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:53 am

awsome improovment indeed, some of the were long due in blender. but i still have a question : what exactly does the heal UV tool does ? "snap together texture vertices by mesh vertex. Distance Based Heal UV does this based on a given distance. " ... what does it mean ? the results are a bit weired for me ... can't grasp this new tool, which is claimed to be "GENIOUS".

nozzy, thanx for the build, and to everyone who worked on it !

blendix

Postby blendix » Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:44 pm

JoOngle: I'm not really sure what you are talking about. You don't need to assemble them manually. Unwrapping can be done using the U key in the 3d view. There is an old tutorial on it here (you might find better ones):
http://download.blender.org/documentati ... pping.html

kflich: It's not genious, actually really simple, but useful when stitching together two separatly unwrapped parts. For example, often you unwrap a head with multiple "from window" unwraps. So basicly you select the texture vertices that must be stitched together and press heal uv. Here's simple example of how it works (sorry about small size of texture vertices, is graphics card issue):

http://users.pandora.be/blendix/blender/healuv.png

Distance based heal uv does the same, but it will only snap texture vertices together when the distance between them is within a given range.

JoOngle

Postby JoOngle » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:18 pm

Blendix - Thanks for your patience :D

:oops: <--- Me

Going to work on it. need to stay ahead if any of the new uv tools
get implemented in 2.33. because I'm writing a guide for it in a free
danish manual. I'm used to 3dstudio max so forgive me for asking
a bit "silly" now and then (but I have to)...

/JoOngle

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:36 pm

blendix, great news that you are implementing Draw Faces for the UV/Image editor! Your work is worth so much to Blender, and me for that matter - Mapping is easier now than ever!

PS
'You planning to submit this for the 2.33 release?

Caronte

Postby Caronte » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:20 pm

Hi!
Somebody can explain the heal command?
I don't understand why is for :oops:

Thanks in advance! :wink:
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:28 pm

Thanks Blendix and Bjornmose!
You are doing a great work on the UV/Image editor.

Here is another feature req.: An option for adjusting the brightness of the texture (from 0-1). Sometimes it's hard to see the UV-lines because of the texture. This would help a lot.

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:54 pm

Is ther any way to unheal?

BTW: Just camu up with a thought that might improve UV visualisation: Ability to change UV wire colour. This could be accesed is a View Properties panel a la the 3D window. Those dotted lines are still a pain to look at.

blendix

Postby blendix » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:02 pm

Monkeyboi: I assume that with every release they check what's new and stable in tuhopuu, and put it in bf-blender cvs some time before the release. These features seem to be stable here, and I hope that, if there aren't any problems reported, they will be in Blender 2.33.

Caronte: I'm not sure how I could explain it differently. Here's the blend file I used to make the image in my previous post:
http://users.pandora.be/blendix/blender/healuv.blend

Imagine that these two parts were unwrapped separatly. You want them to be glued together. So you select the texture vertices you want to be glued together in the UV editor, and click 'Heal'. Now the function will now which texture vertices need to be 'merged' into the same place, based on the mesh.

In real life you don't unwrap a plane in two parts, but you need to unwrap complex meshes. You usually do this in pieces, and then glue it together, and that's were the heal uv command is useful.

Ghost: I've experienced this problem too and your solution shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Will try it when I'm working on the drawing code.

Return to “Testing Builds”