Rig problems in new builds

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

steve_t

Rig problems in new builds

Postby steve_t » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:47 pm

I am having major problems with my rig in the new builds. it worked fine in the last release.
Here is how I organized my rig:
- I have bones for each limb joint eyelids muscles and whatnot as one rig(the base rig)
- I use emptys with track to constraints and ik solvers to move the rig
- I found that it wasn't tweakable enough so I have a second set of armatures(the animation rig) that controll the empties so I can edit all of the keyframes for all of the empties at the same time.

Now when I move the animation rig the empties move but the base rig stays in the same place untill the frame is changed. It updated on refresh with the last official release.

Can anyone confirm this bug?

-Steve

Hos

Re: Rig problems in new builds

Postby Hos » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:42 am

Post a simple demo blend and I'll look at it.

Chris

steve_t

Postby steve_t » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:15 pm

Here is the rig I am using

First try and moce the empties, then try to move the other set of bones that controll the empties.

http://www.o9studios.com/stally/rig.blend

Thanks,
Steve

Hos

Postby Hos » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:43 pm

Please test with a recent build.

Chris

Apollux

Re: Rig problems in new builds

Postby Apollux » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:04 am

steve_t wrote:I am having major problems with my rig in the new builds. it worked fine in the last release.
Here is how I organized my rig:
- I have bones for each limb joint eyelids muscles and whatnot as one rig(the base rig)
- I use emptys with track to constraints and ik solvers to move the rig
- I found that it wasn't tweakable enough so I have a second set of armatures(the animation rig) that controll the empties so I can edit all of the keyframes for all of the empties at the same time.

Now when I move the animation rig the empties move but the base rig stays in the same place untill the frame is changed. It updated on refresh with the last official release.

Can anyone confirm this bug?

-Steve

It sounds like the same bug that I nagged Hos about some time ago... It was fixed shortly after 2.32, do you still have the bug?

--- and by the way: that Armature->empty->armature thing can be simplyfied a lot if you remove the empties.. it wil work just fine like Armature -> armature. Been there, done that !!!

solmax

Postby solmax » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:34 pm

works.. well, slow, but works (2.32)! as apollux said, the empty "control layer" isn't necessery and only slows things down.

steve_t

Postby steve_t » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:27 pm

Yeah, I am glad that I posted on this thread. I never realized that it would be possible to constrain to bones directly. It just looks like it is not an option untill you put the name in. Anyway my rig was one waaaay faster after I removed that layer of empties.

Thanks a allot,

Steve

Return to “Animation”