Fprime from Worley for Blender 3d

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

poutsa

Fprime from Worley for Blender 3d

Postby poutsa » Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:33 pm

Hy,
i have a Question to the Coders?

is it possible to use something like" Fprime for Lightwave" application for Blender....Thats great if this is Possible.....i see some Dvx films from this Page:www.worley.com about what Fprime can do....Thats Amazing.

FPrime is a rendering engine with a unique design focus. Unlike traditional renderers, FPrime is not just a final output step. Instead it is your companion during the entire process of creation from initial setup, through texturing and lighting, keyframing, and of course final rendering. It revolutionizes workflow by giving you constant feedback about your current scene and the effect of changes. You can always just see your render.

please answer me if this is possible for Blender!!!

Ciao
Vassilios

arangel

Postby arangel » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Yes, that is such an amazing plugin... if only Blender could have some king of preview render technology it would be great. Other apps got their flavor of it XSI got it´s interactive render, Maya and Lightwave too.
But this plugin FPrime beats them all. It has this workflow where you can render the whole animation in refinement passes. Whenever you´re satisfied with the results (or run out of time), hit stop and pronto!
Blender´s got an extremely fast renderer. If only we could simply have a render panel open and it could update with changes on the geometry, lights or texturing... one little improvement of not having to hit F12 everytime only... I´m not lazy here, it really speeds up the workflow, to change a slider and watch the result on the rendered pic.

poutsa

Postby poutsa » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:12 pm

About FPrime.......Comments from Kino3d
The core engine of FPrime is system independent. It has a "LightWave
shading" emulator in it now, and a filter to import LW info. There's a lot
of custom integration but the core engine is not LW specific.

Will we make one for Blender? We haven't thought of it. The honest answer
is that it's market driven, and we go where there's demand.

Believe it or not - fprime isn't actually faster than (in this case) lightwaves internal renderer it just feels that way since it breaks the render down into small pieces but the real strength of fprime is that as long as beauty is in the eye of the beholder - a scene may not need to be per pixel antialiased to the maximum, a bit less detail goes a long way and it is an absolutely exelent way to work on tweaking your scene.

Ciao

Vassilios

dmoc

Postby dmoc » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:46 pm

Vassilios, when you say "we" are you referring to Blender coders or Worley? In other words- are you connected in some way with Worley? With your comments regarding how fprime works I cannot tell.

poutsa

Postby poutsa » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:42 am

I dont say "we" because this Comments are not from me..I am not a Coder and i dont write anything about Fprime! I believe and i hope something like this for Blender!!!
Thats a great feature for Blenders render.!

Ciao
Vassilios[/img]

Return to “Rendering”