bf-blender / Windows (2004/03/30)

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabio

bf-blender / Windows (2004/03/30)

Postby gabio » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:38 am

For those who is looking at this forum for build... here is the last release of new feature. As many build is floating around this is a quick download.

bf blender:
Most significantly, the game engine is back in and there is a new light (again!) named occlusion shader. it fake a Full GI which is a realy nice feature. I could not compile the new light feature as the CVS isn't updated so the zip file contain 2 bin:
-BlenderGI(thank to Kane for this working build) visit the thread for update
-BlenderCVS(mainly for the return of the game engine and all bugfix).
this pack is complete and running. Virus free.
(edit) The ode lib isn't buildable so for now it's not in...

A new build is available
Last edited by gabio on Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Skelet

Postby Skelet » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 am

Yes YES yes!
You did it again! Thanx!
New GI lamp is just great!!!
The Skelet

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:52 pm

:shock: Awesome the old game engine works almost perfect, well almost. I opened some of my games made in 2.25 but the collision isn't that good. I mean when I tried the one that Jesterking had released the actor didn't go trought the ground when you pressed P. In this build when you press the P the actor goes inmidiatly (however you spell it) trough the ground mesh, I hope this could be fixed, then it's a freaking awesome test build, I mean, it totally rocks, awesome. :D

Is there a way to fix this bug and post a test build close afther this one? So game engine users already can check for more fatal bugs before it goes 2.33 or 2.34 :P?

Well count me in for some bugs tracking 8)

@ner

Postby @ner » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:40 pm

excelent

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:54 pm

Gotta love the new lamp type, though I had imagined it being implemented as a shader in the Material buttons. Ah well, there must be a reason..

teachtech

Postby teachtech » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:58 pm

Wow! Great to see the engine back and almost working as well as it did in Publisher :D Thanks for all the hard work. I brought up an old file that ha a lot of objects and did notice a little speed problem and my actor taking flight at times (which it wasn't designed to do). Otherwise, everything else works great! Any idea what the speed problem is related to? I know in Publisher I had to keep my physics and content down or the machine would take a nose dive in speed.

Thanks!

TorQ

Postby TorQ » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:02 pm

Just wanted to give a shout out to the developers and let them know that another person is happy that the game engine is being worked on. Cool beans.

TorQ

crsrma

Postby crsrma » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:33 am

I set up a minimal test scene & the new lamp (at low levels) works great to fill out shadows from ray lamps & adds depth to something as simple as as a beveled cube & floor plane. Overall, it makes a scene look less sterile & is much more efficient than setting up a fake GI dome.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:37 pm

jd-multi wrote:I mean when I tried the one that Jesterking had released the actor didn't go trought the ground when you pressed P. In this build when you press the P the actor goes inmidiatly (however you spell it) trough the ground mesh

It sounds like solid is not build with USE_DOUBLES defined ( /D USE_DOUBLES), meaning collision detection is not done correctly. A rebuild is necessary.

I could put up also a build, but I don't have an optimising compiler, which makes the gameengine pretty much unusable.

/jesterKing

gabio

Postby gabio » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:27 pm

I could put up also a build, but I don't have an optimising compiler, which makes the gameengine pretty much unusable.

I'm using the same compiler than you, msvc6 and .net(7) so is this build isn't optimised? I find it fast enought for testing. Or maybe i can rebuild it with the option use_double, though i don't know where it goes. rebuild lib or scons file?

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:11 pm

gabio wrote:

I'm using the same compiler than you, msvc6 and .net(7) so is this build isn't optimised? I find it fast enought for testing. Or maybe i can rebuild it with the option use_double, though i don't know where it goes. rebuild lib or scons file?

About the compiler: I have the standard version of the compiler, which doesn't do optimisation. If you have the professional or enterprise version, you can do the optimisations.

About solid. It has to be compiled with /DUSE_DOUBLES (set it in the preprocessor defines for Solid).

/jesterKing

bjornmose

Postby bjornmose » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:36 pm

scons sets the USE_DOUBLE define
i am not shure with make
and MSVC projects do not AFAIK

BM

soletread

Postby soletread » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:12 pm

I am experiencing problems with constraints in this build.

I have a track to constraint set to a lookat target (armature bone) for a characters eyeballs. With this build the eyeballs are now completely out of the head and floating in mid air next to the character.

I havent parented the eyeballs to the head mesh. Just parented them straight to the armature - head bone. If I remove the 'lookat' track to constraint then they return to their correct positions.

This setup is working correctly in the 2.32 official build.
---

gabio

Postby gabio » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:14 am

bjornmose wrote:scons sets the USE_DOUBLE define
i am not shure with make

BM

so teoricaly, this build have the option /d use_double... it was compiled with scons...

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:37 am

gabio wrote:
bjornmose wrote:scons sets the USE_DOUBLE define
i am not shure with make

BM

so teoricaly, this build have the option /d use_double... it was compiled with scons...

Then it should be ok. If you still have the config.opts for that build, check what it says for BUILD_GAMEENGINE and USE_PHYSICS. The former should be set to 'true', the latter to 'false'.

/jesterKing

Return to “Testing Builds”