Game Engine Issues

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:13 pm

gorgan_almighty wrote:4) Would it be possible to add the Blender module into the game engine and the blenderplayer? It would be really useful to use the Blender.BGL stuff in the game engine.

alien-xmp wrote:The blender module will not be accessible from the engine in the release. Since the blender module touches so many parts of blender, when you make the standalone player you end up with a player that has the rest of blender (renderer, ray tracer, sequence editor etc) included!

I feel it is also worth noting that blender was sandboxed [with 2.25?] because modules like Blender.BGL could possibly allow [possibly unsafe] code to be run.

yeah, and as for 5, I agree, but have you tested to see if you can delete the world and keep the physics settings kept?
because in the latest build I have downloaded [4-25-2004] (haven't tried mine at home, besides is just as current) solid was assumed when no wold was specified.

they colide just fine with other polyeader objects, or static geometry

but not the other shapes, box, sphere, cone...

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:32 pm

Yes it would be nice if default physics was assumed with no world (as it is now), and if all the logic buttons were available this way as well (as they aren't right now). Also, changing the mist settings from python does not work WITH the world selected, I wonder if this could be fixed for this release or maybe the next one (it was this way also in 2.25).

jm

Postby jm » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:08 pm

hi
i don't read all page of this thread, so sorry if this issue is here.
problems:
when I have more then 28 sounds the sound actuator schow me "dataBrowse" and nothing open.
and if I have more then 28 sounds, the sounds rewrite in actuator itslef.

thx jm

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:13 pm

I seem to remember this sound problem being in 2.25, but I havent checked in a while.

The bug with slowdown on added objects has nothing to do with them being added at all. Quite a red herring this bug has been. The slowdown I have been experiencing happens because of this:

Meshes with collision faces parented to a dynamic object.

Parented meshes should not collide with any objects they are parented to, or any objects parented to them.
Dynamic objects should not collide with any object parented to them.

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Mon May 03, 2004 1:56 am

The instability issue with physics is still there in the 2.33 release. On my computer it seems to work ok, but after stopping and restarting the simulation several times it gets messed up. On my friends computer it's even worse, on like the second or third runs without restarting blender the simulation screws up majorly.

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Mon May 03, 2004 3:01 am

I'm having an issue with python:
"sys_init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module"

It's making importing external modules very difficult.

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Mon May 03, 2004 9:30 pm

Yep still a bit buggy, but nice work. When I make a game test it runs fine when I start it for the first time, when I stop it and start it for the 2th time, all actors go straight to everything. But when I start it for the 3th time it runs fine, but the 4th is messed up and so on. It seams too have refresh problems or something. :?

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Mon May 03, 2004 9:46 pm

What's really annoying is it seems that the pre-release build on the testing forum, that came out a day before the official one, was much better. What in the world happened?

flim

Postby flim » Tue May 04, 2004 3:39 am

I can't save runtime, is there something missing?

jm

Postby jm » Tue May 04, 2004 10:56 am

yes, 2.33 haven't blenderPlayer at this time.
jm

flim

Postby flim » Wed May 05, 2004 3:21 am

So when the runtime come back?

And I also get the same error message when Blender start
"sys_init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module"

This error occur on my Windows XP, but Windows 2000 fine.

gabio

Postby gabio » Wed May 05, 2004 5:12 pm

No python installed, or the path is not set. it's not a major problem anymore now wtih 2.33

greyWiz

Postby greyWiz » Thu May 06, 2004 10:51 pm

Hey, where is the Actor button? It's showed normally when I open a sample game, but when I open a new file it simply disappears!

jd-multi

Postby jd-multi » Thu May 06, 2004 11:23 pm

To let the actor button appear instead of disapear, go to material button, then world setting, add a world setting and set the physic to Sumo. If you open a game blender file and you won't see the actor, it's because that person deleted the world settings or jusr made it in 2.25.

Well what if I want to make day and night using mist via python, I can't because I have to setup world setting which won't let me test my mist python script. Will this be fixed like you can choose the physics where the game logic buttons are added ? :?

Saluk

Postby Saluk » Fri May 07, 2004 1:40 am

You can set up the world while modifying the buttons, then delete the world and everything will still work. It would be nice if the actor buttons etc were all visible even with no world.

Sorry about my false alarm, it appears that import site error is nothing. I was having other issues because of the nature of my game, and the extent to which it was based on python 2.0. After a few tweaks it works ok now.

Return to “Interactive 3d”