Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

luchog

Postby luchog » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:21 pm

To open old blender files (2.25)
- Dowload Blender2.25
- Open your old file with Blender 2.25
- Save it with a new name
Now you can open your old-->new file with a new Blender program.
Luis Gomez B

gargola

Postby gargola » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:21 am

z3r0_d wrote:
compressed, signed, or locked files will have to be unsigned/compressed/unlocked in 2.25 before they can be opened in any open source release

other than that all blender files should be able to be opened

I asure you,they were not compressed,signed or locked.i never lock or compress my blends.it says that it was an invalid read error.anyway,i just deleted the blends.

Matt_at_Corngill

Postby Matt_at_Corngill » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:20 am

Same thing happened to me. I just re-installed blender and it worked fine, if I recall correctly...
There are those who resort to entertaining by performance, and those who entertain by Blending. I am of the latter.

SMA_THE_GREEK

Blue Screen when starting game engine in V2.37(Windows Me)

Postby SMA_THE_GREEK » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:00 pm

When I start the game engine in Blender V2.37 a blue screen appears with the following message :

Windows
Error occured. To continue :
Press Enter to return to Windows or the combination of buttons ctrl + alt + del to restart your system.

File Name: VDD(03) + 00001816
Error :00:0028:C0231D9E

This is my system(the error occured in it):
CPU: Pentium 4 1.7 GHz, Gfx: Albatron GeForce Fx 5200 EP with 128 MB connected to AGP 4x , Ram : 640 MB SDRAM , Windows Millennium

What can i do to fix this issue ? Please help me(I am desparate )
Post any solutions . This is my email basma@sch.gr

Darkelfv

Postby Darkelfv » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:28 am

Hi im new to these forums and I see you are already talking about add object actuator. I would like to point out and ask for help with a bug i found.

I made a spawner, its adds my pre-set up enemy to the active layer.

This works perfectly in 2.36

I would like to get it working in 2.37 and 2.40

here is a sample
www.wowexplorer.com/mgame_packed.zip

It seems from what i could gather the new instance of the copied object that is brought into the new active layer does not have the properties like the orginal object had.

Maybe someone could compare 2.36 to 2.37+ and fix this bug, maybe it will help you with the problems your having with add actuator.

I would go about making my game in 2.36 but its super slow compared to the speed of 2.37 or 2.40 Could someone build a fix for everyone or maybe at least point out whats going on. I would really like to have this working.

dreamkatana

Postby dreamkatana » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:10 pm

Hi,
your link is broken, could you host it somewhere else?

Ty.

Darkelfv wrote:Hi im new to these forums and I see you are already talking about add object actuator. I would like to point out and ask for help with a bug i found.

I made a spawner, its adds my pre-set up enemy to the active layer.

This works perfectly in 2.36

I would like to get it working in 2.37 and 2.40

here is a sample
www.wowexplorer.com/mgame_packed.zip

It seems from what i could gather the new instance of the copied object that is brought into the new active layer does not have the properties like the orginal object had.

Maybe someone could compare 2.36 to 2.37+ and fix this bug, maybe it will help you with the problems your having with add actuator.

I would go about making my game in 2.36 but its super slow compared to the speed of 2.37 or 2.40 Could someone build a fix for everyone or maybe at least point out whats going on. I would really like to have this working.

intrr

Postby intrr » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:36 pm

malCanDo wrote:YAY! Spend ages finding the world button ( hidden in the materials section!?! ), and then found the SUMO option.

Heh, I must also admit I find it terribly funny to stick physics options in a "Shading" context. Well. It's probably just my flawed, irrational logic ;)

elander

Postby elander » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:12 am

Is this the right thread to report bugs on the game engine?

I had a small problem when displaying a textured mesh. Without a material assiged to the mesh the ge can display the texture that is assigned on uv mapping view. But if we add a material then we need to make sure it has a dummy texture linked for the uv mapped assigned texture to display, even if we don't want to use the material linked texture for anything (a none texture type).

This was confusing as i spent almost an hour trying to figure out why my texture would not appear in the ge and the only difference between a mesh that showed a texture and another that didn't was the presence of a dummy material texture.

Hughes017

Postby Hughes017 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:28 am

I need help with the new game engine on Blender. I'm a fairly new user and I decided to use the game engine. I followed a tutorial, but whenever I press P to play, I get a grey screen, not all Grey, just the 3d view port.

Thanks for your help.

mziskandar

Postby mziskandar » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:38 am

Press 'P' = problem.. :(

Pardon me if this is the wrong place to post..
When using normal map, I encounter this problem.. I think it is not my graphic card (ati9600xt - yeah I know, its old), because it was okay in the editing mode..

in blender editing..

.. and got problem with 'P'

When running Yo! Frankie (GLSL) - exe, Frankie and some others becomes black!

Seems that Blender BGE, doesn't execute as Blender did..

Thank you.
Visit my Realtime 3D Projects http://digitalspine.blogspot.com

Abaris

Postby Abaris » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 am

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem as a couple other people.

I just finished the GE tutorial, and I keep having to restart blender because after the first few times I run the GE the window it's in just turns blue when the draw type is textured, or gray otherwise.

This also happens when I save it as a .exe.

I have XP and an old radeon x850 graphics card, and python installed, if that helps.

Thanks!

stefitms

Postby stefitms » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Could someone help me?
i've got a problem, when I'm firing up the game engine, the whole image dissapears, so i can't watch the physics. I've got a quad PC with 4 gb of ram, 512 Mb by 256 bit video card.What should be the problem?
The game engine worked beautiful even on my old PC with a Pentium 4 processor and just 256 Mb of ram.
....and another problem, i can't bake fluids with a bigger resolution then 207.(which needs just 900Mb of ram, i've got 4096Mb)
OS: win XP SP 3, Bleneder 2.46 , 2.48, 2.48a (for all of them, the same thing)
(i've got the 32bit version, in case you wonder about that, so it shoul work);
need help fast...
thanks!

jesterKing
Site Admin

Postby jesterKing » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:36 pm

stefitms wrote: 512 Mb by 256 bit video card.What should be the problem?

The info on the videocard is a bit lacking (ie. what brand?), but this most likely is a driver issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your videocard installed.

/Nathan

Abaris

Postby Abaris » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:16 am

Well, I feel dumb. I just needed to put in a camera to make the stand alone game work. When I press p within blender it still turns gray about one in three times, but I can get around that.

Benjamin R.

The GE

Postby Benjamin R. » Mon May 25, 2009 7:45 am

I am having the same problem as a few other members with the GE. When I first run Blender the GE will work (Sometimes). Then I'll go back to the 3D window and edit a few more things (or change nothing) and run the GE again, however this time I get a gray window with nothing on it. Some times it will do this right away (as in the first run of the GE when I start fresh) and other times it'll wait two or three times. I have tried running it again without restarting the program, but I get a blank every time (after the first time it glitches).

Info:

Processors: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz
Ram: 1.00 GB
Video Card: 256 MB Radeon X1300/X1550 Series (Latest Driver As of 5/25/1009)

Blender Version: 2.48a

Random Comment:

I only have 1.00 GB of ram with Vista. Most people complain 1.00 GB is not enough, but I can run The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Halo 3, and Knights of the Old Republic 2 (and others) perfectly on the highest settings.

Please post on this issue.

Return to “Interactive 3d”