coloration in tarnsperent objects.

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

coloration in tarnsperent objects.

Postby @ner » Sun May 23, 2004 11:46 am

Because it's kinda hard to explain it with words (due to my not so good english and ignorance in the technicals names) I will ask you with serveral questions via pics I rendered:

A) Which Image was rendered with Blender internal engine?

B) Why do the balls material looks so different? (with special consideration to the color of the object behind the balls and the balls actual transparency)

thank you in advance

Postby wavk » Sun May 23, 2004 1:23 pm

Hi @ner,

A) I bet the first picture is the Blender one. It's because the second picture has either caustics or colour bleeding beneath it.

B) Blender's ambient occlusion is much more fake than YafRay's hemi light. As you see the shadows behind and to the sides of the ball are darker and better defined than in Blender's render. You should try to turn on "Both" in the Ambient Occlusion tab. That will boost the shadows. Try how that comes out.

And it seems Blender's render lacks reflection on the ball, which makes it dull.

Postby Dani » Tue May 25, 2004 9:42 pm

hum... in blender to get similar results in the balls, you have to pay attention to fresnel for both reflective and transparency. As for color bleeding, I use a quick trick for transparent objects: just place a small point light in the object (and check the normals!)

Return to “Rendering”