How to use pose mode?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

softnob

How to use pose mode?

Postby softnob » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:30 pm

I don't understand how to get into pose mode with the new version of blender. (2.32)
I have a mesh, I've put armature and grouped the mesh points to the armature, I've parented my mesh - all like in the old tutorial.
But I can't switch to pose mode..

Can anybody give a simple explanation how - within version 2.32 - switch to pose mode??

Norbert

ReeVee

Postby ReeVee » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:58 pm

Select your armature and then press Ctrl/Tab to get in to pose mode.

softnob

Postby softnob » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:16 pm

This doesn't work in my version.
Perhaps it's because I've opened an old blend file from earlier version (2.31)?
I selected the armature and pressed Ctrl-Tab, but nothing happens or changed... :(

So what?

oin

Postby oin » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:09 pm

:shock:

Didn't the bones change to blue color ?(they sure were like pink or similar before...)

softnob

Postby softnob » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:41 am

No, they didn't! After some more tests. My old blend file example (tutorial example of ginger ma) has the armature in two different layers. furthermore, if I select my armature in the layer, where only armature is present I can't change to pose mode. Also, my armature bones are not editable (they don't appear in the edit buttons area if they are selected), it seems as they are not recognized as armature in the new version 2.32.
I tried to copy my armature of my 2.31 blender file from layer 10 to layer 1, where the mesh is located, but no success.

More tests: If I make a monkey mesh (blenders inbuild one) and add a new armature, everything works fine.

But - and this is my problem - with the make human script, I can't use the armature in the second layer for posing purposes.

Bug? User uncapability? Inconsistency? Haven'T I read something important?

N.

Tigy

Postby Tigy » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:44 am

Press the icon similar to face, in the Header (you can be in Object Mode or in Edit Mode, there isn't differences), when you select the armature, in theory you must to enter in posemode.
Bye
Tigy

softnob

Postby softnob » Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:40 pm

OK,
I give up. It is in my opinion not possible to use the make human blend files and scripts with version 2.32 of blender.
If somebody can change my mind - go on.

For the momeent I give up.
:cry:

N.

And after a while I jumped to the ceiling, because my mistake was a wrong selection method. Now everything works fine.

N.

bfvietnam

Hmmm

Postby bfvietnam » Mon May 31, 2004 5:01 am

Make human in older blender, append old blender scene to new file in 2.33a .. Append is that option that older more experienced blender users use a lot, and allows them to combine lots of worlds together.. Read up on it in your blender manuals.. Basically any blend file is a library that you can borrow stuff from. If Makehuman only works in an older verison of blender, use it in teh older version, but borrow the meshes from the older version into the newer one.

Return to “Animation”