New forum

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ton
Site Admin

New forum

Postby ton » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:15 pm

Hi all,

In anticipation of full project space here at the site, we can gather discussions here on general VR support with Blender. From stereo players, head trackers to special input devices.

Would be nice to find out of there's a team interested in managing a special project on this topic in the future.

-Ton-

André

Postby André » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:31 pm

nice idea! :D

serspock

Postby serspock » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:45 pm

:D
Brilliant, I hoped for this moment since so for a long time!
I wished to see a "blender" so famous as a "blaxxun".
Why? Because blender is multiplatform, and it also, it is a "political
act".

Thank you for your idea, and if I may be useful in spite of my weak skills in English and my not enough availability you can count with me.

Well! Have you projects for future?

Cyberdigitus

Postby Cyberdigitus » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:19 am

:D Great ! the topic made it into the root. dunno if you were playing with this idea already, and how the community looks forward too this, but i've also proposed this.

so, i'm definitely looking forward to help with this one. But that will be more into the future, still learning C++ and python.

Meanwhile i can do some research into interesting devices and techniques that Blender could support. Maybe i'l look up some nice reference pages.

I think we have to be carefull when redeigning the gameengine part, definitely when it and the interface would get an opengl 2.0 renderer, that we develop the vr module closely to it.

Wel it doesn't have to be a seperate module for rendering, just the interfacing part with the devices. Would that be written as python scripts?

and for true stereorendering, not the shutterglasses but two cameraviews we'l have to make some changes to the render too...

Return to “Interactive 3d”