draw keys in action mode (i.e. for armatures)

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

slikdigit

draw keys in action mode (i.e. for armatures)

Postby slikdigit » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:09 pm

Hi, I was at Sig recently and saw Ton demo draw keys on an ipo animation; it was awesome! So I went home and tried it on an armature, sadly, it doesn't work for armatures. Any ideas why this is so? Anyone else think it would be a nice feature add?

Monkeyboi

Postby Monkeyboi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:36 pm

Yeah, Draw Keys is one of the oldest and coolest features of Blender (I only really discovered it after the 2.3 UI makeover - previousely it was a hidden feature), and I've thought the exact same thing; This would be most useful for armatures!

Mats78

Postby Mats78 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:24 am

Yup. I suggested a 'motion paths' or 'trajectories' feature earlier, known from other apps. The point I had was that armature motion could be seen by displaying a path, eg. for every bone independantly. Better still, I'd like to be able to edit the path directly (the ipo keys would update automatically, as they do with the 'draw keys' function). This would be something ultimately useful for checking and fine tuning character animation.

Cheers,
Mats

sten

Postby sten » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:12 pm

that was long ago I suggested "motionpaths" but some took it totally wrong way, heh, check here:

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3961#43961

/.Z

slikdigit

Postby slikdigit » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:46 pm

I've chatted about that on irc with some people (display motion paths) and optionally only for selected bones.
I'd like both, actually, motion paths and keys, to work on armatures.

I wanted the paths to see if e.g. my character's eyes were following a nice curve, or if they were bobbing around all over the place. That's hard to know esp. if you're using the nla and action mixing.

sten

Postby sten » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:03 am

hi slikdigit!

finally someone who picked up my old idea...so when and how can we force this in into Blender's animations tools ;) ?

yours,
ztonzy

bjornmose

Postby bjornmose » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:06 am

ztonzy wrote:hi slikdigit!

finally someone who picked up my old idea...so when and how can we force this in into Blender's animations tools ;) ?

yours,
ztonzy

[whisper]
improvements to animation system for next release was topic last sundays IRC meeting.
[/whisper]

BM

sten

Postby sten » Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:22 am

bjornmose wrote:[whisper]
improvements to animation system for next release was topic last sundays IRC meeting.
[/whisper]

BM

oh cool!

though I missed 20 min. in the beginning of the meeting...sorry :)

if you want you could tell me on irc next time we see each other there :)

Return to “Animation”