feature request: simple addition to the armatures

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bentagon

feature request: simple addition to the armatures

Postby Bentagon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:15 pm

Hi,
Don't know if this is already been asked before or not, but what I would really like to see in blender, is a simple but effective way of rotating your armatures from camera view. Skipping from front to upper to side view and so on can really be an irritating job. When you test your animation through camera view, and you notice there's something wrong, you have to do this to edit it, and then you have to go back to camera view to see how it looks. Locking an axis isn't really effecient eather. My feature request should solve this, and I don't think it would be hard to code or implant. I'm not a programmer, though, so I might be wrong.

It should work like this: First, you select a bone. Then you press a button or shortkey to get into this "rotation mode". A big sphere (see pic) appears around the root joint of that bone. All you have to do now is click LMB and drag the mouse, pulling or pushing at a circle (rotating it). The bone will rotate with it. This is great for those small edits that could really make the difference. Just press the same button or shortkey again to exit this "rotation mode".

thank you for your time ;)

- Bentagon

theeth

Postby theeth » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:14 pm

Just press X, Y or Z to constraint to global axis (twice for local).

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Bentagon

Postby Bentagon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:55 pm

Oh, sorry, didn't know about the double press option.

- Bentagon

Return to “Animation”