Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender architecture overview

ton

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:29 pm
Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 529
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Blender_Architecture.336.0.html

It's not complete, but also not nothing. :)
People familiar with how Blender works can find it useful to understand coding for Blender as well.

Please note that blender3d.org -> Infocenter -> Development is constantly been updated with docs for devs!
Reply with quote


JA-forreal

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:32 pm
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Posts: 187
Thanks Ton for this great information!
Reply with quote


JWalton

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:14 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2002
Posts: 153
ton wrote:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Blender_Architecture.336.0.html

It's not complete, but also not nothing. Smile
People familiar with how Blender works can find it useful to understand coding for Blender as well.

Please note that blender3d.org -> Infocenter -> Development is constantly been updated with docs for devs!


beyond the first page this is less of an architecture, rather than a design document.
Reply with quote


pazuzu

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:27 pm
Joined: 08 Aug 2004
Posts: 9
Hi,

Im new to blender coding, I already read all blender developers information avaliable on blender3D and blender.org page (article about blenders structure is really good).

I have been reading blender code and most of the code is pretty descriptive, however still find some problems, it would be nice to have a database with globals, function, STRUCTURES, etc, etc, and their purpose;
i know theres a lot of work but at least some of the most important data could be documented (g structure).

If there is such a thing... can u tell me where?

Sorry for my english, not my native language
Reply with quote


gabio

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:49 am
Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Posts: 619
pazuzu wrote:
Hi,

Im new to blender coding, I already read all blender developers information avaliable on blender3D and blender.org page (article about blenders structure is really good).

I have been reading blender code and most of the code is pretty descriptive, however still find some problems, it would be nice to have a database with globals, function, STRUCTURES, etc, etc, and their purpose;
i know theres a lot of work but at least some of the most important data could be documented (g structure).

If there is such a thing... can u tell me where?

Sorry for my english, not my native language

I beg for that too.
Reply with quote


rcas

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:47 pm
Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 257
gabio wrote:
pazuzu wrote:
Hi,

Im new to blender coding, I already read all blender developers information avaliable on blender3D and blender.org page (article about blenders structure is really good).

I have been reading blender code and most of the code is pretty descriptive, however still find some problems, it would be nice to have a database with globals, function, STRUCTURES, etc, etc, and their purpose;
i know theres a lot of work but at least some of the most important data could be documented (g structure).

If there is such a thing... can u tell me where?

Sorry for my english, not my native language

I beg for that too.

I was hoping to make a Roundtable at the next Blender Conference with as much Coders as possible to solve this, but if it could be done previously, the better.
_________________
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.
Reply with quote


mchs3d

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:58 am
Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Posts: 208
It's very useful. I had NO CLUE how to navigate the code, but now I'm getting the hang of it. Thanx! Smile
Reply with quote


SirDude

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:20 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2002
Posts: 939
If you haven't you will also want to check out this doc:
http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Full_Paper.465.0.html
Reply with quote


LetterRip

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:29 pm
Joined: 25 Mar 2004
Posts: 1462
On the wiki we are beginning documenting of useful blender stuff.

http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/CodingTutorials

is in a very preliminary stage - the wiki is probably the best location to do this sort of thing.

LetterRip
Reply with quote


lyxamon

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:51 pm
Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3
http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/CodingTutorials

=> link is broken
Reply with quote


berttreb

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:52 pm
Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Try this like for coding tutorials.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Hackers_Guide

Regards
Reply with quote


theugly

Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 am
Joined: 14 Jul 2013
Posts: 2
berttreb wrote:
Try this like for coding tutorials.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Hackers_Guide

Regards


This one works.

How awesome is the Python API? Cool
Reply with quote


 
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group