Blender render que

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

anthonyzz

Blender render que

Postby anthonyzz » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:16 am

I have been working in Adobe After Effects for years and one of the features I like best is the Render Que, wherein you can set up several animations for rendering, then come back in the morning to find all the animations rendered.

Is there such a thing for Blender? Is there a dedicated render engine that can que up several .blend files to be rendered one after the other automatically? Is there a script for such a thing for Blender Creator?

az.

blendix

Postby blendix » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:07 pm

You could just write a *.bat or a *.sh file to render animitions in blender, since you can control it via command line. For example something like this:

c:\Progra~1\Blende~1\BlenderPublisher -b file1.blend -a
c:\Progra~1\Blende~1\BlenderPublisher -b file2.blend -a

or

BlenderPublisher -b file1.blend -a
BlenderPublisher -b file2.blend -a

matt_e

Postby matt_e » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:14 pm

I agree it would be nice to have this in a nice interface without having to resort to command line stuff.. However one other trick I've used before is to devide the renderings up into scenes, add the scenes in the sequence editor and render with 'do sequence' on. I can then pull apart the different shots etc by moving out the right numbered images (if it's a numbered image sequence) or cutting up the AVI later in a video editor.

anthonyzz

Thanks

Postby anthonyzz » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:48 am

Very clever. Yes, I hadn't even considered the sequence editor - a good work-around. I wish I were conversant in writing *.bat files and using command lines, and I'm certainly not averse to learning it, but someone would have to walk me through it step by step. In the mean time the sequence editor idea sounds perfect.

Thanks for your response.

az.

Knowmad

best of both (anouther form of blending)

Postby Knowmad » Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:38 pm

using the sequence editor as a work around for a *.bat, or shell script, is real good. and whoever contibutied the source wrote it for that pourpose(thx!). taking it abit further, create a muti scene .blend file and use a sequence of animas, and batch that with anouther vaiant of the same .blend file. I use this to experiment with new, or unfinished efects. the next day All I do is look through what the out put was and take what I like. the added advantage is, one of the .blend files with all its "un-useable" parts is croped and imported to the final file with the intact sequences.
i'm looking into the Render demon now and how that idea can save us even more time. anny tips?

cprfan

Postby cprfan » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:41 pm

blendix wrote:You could just write a *.bat or a *.sh file to render animitions in blender, since you can control it via command line. For example something like this:

c:\Progra~1\Blende~1\BlenderPublisher -b file1.blend -a
c:\Progra~1\Blende~1\BlenderPublisher -b file2.blend -a

Anybody know what the commands are, and how they are used ?.

I played around the quoted lines rendering single jpeg files and it attached a frame number to the end of each file, so you end up with files like "render.jpg0001".

SirDude

Postby SirDude » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:00 pm

type blender -h to see the options.

For doing animations set your output format to avi
or another movie format so you don't get a bunch of
still images.

If you still have questions about how to do something
what are you trying to do.

Return to “Interface & Tools”