Read this before posting or downloading!

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Read this before posting or downloading!

Postby matt_e » Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:27 pm

This forum is for distributing Blender builds from the CVS sources. These builds are not official releases, they are snapshots of the development work in progress between Blender versions. They may contain half working features, bugs, incompatibilities, render quality errors and it is strongly recommended that you don't use these builds for anything critical. On the bright side, you can play with new features and changes as they are added, and help provide some very welcome testing and feedback. For important work, please use the officially supported releases available at

If you have a build that you'd like to share, please check that nobody else has done the same for that day, and then post a topic using the format:
source tree / platform (build date YYYY/MM/DD)

For example: bf-blender / Windows (2004/01/05)

If you have feedback, problems, bug reports or any other information that's relevant, please post it as a reply to the topic that you downloaded the build from. Please do not start a new topic if you are not sharing a build.

So, what's new?

You can see detailed information about the code going into Blender by reading the commit logs. These are messages are written by developers, describing what has been added when they make changes to the source code. The commit logs can be browsed here:

About the source code trees

The builds from the bf-blender source code tree are from the main Blender Foundation tree. Generally, these are eventually released as official versions after feature freezes/testing. The tuhopuu ('evil') tree is a version for coders to experiment with new features without disrupting or breaking the Blender Foundation tree, though features are often copied from tuhopuu to bf-blender after they have been tested and proven useful. You can feel free to post your own personal/patched versions here too, though please mention their date and make it clear that they are your own modified builds.
Last edited by matt_e on Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Money_YaY! » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:26 pm

You can nuke this when you read it.
what address or form should we use to highlight that we need .org to transfer the file from our server to your server ?

I was thinking a simple tag in our title like TM for 'take me' and the mod would download our file from the link provided and change it to the .org link and remove the TM tag then.

Sound good. or how about just a simple email address ? :o
:o :o

Postby modron » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:19 am

Good work, broken! :D

Postby Kenden » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:19 pm

I am wondering what is "officially" the proper place to post bug reports about CVS builds...

In this forum:
If you have feedback, problems, bug reports or any other information that's relevant, please post it as a reply to the topic that you downloaded the build from.

...or in the bug tracker:
(from ):
If you are using a CVS build, please look in the splash for the build date (Help > About... ) and include that as well.

So far I posted bug reports about the CVS builds in this forum, and bug reports concerning also the offical releases in the tracker, but it seems easier for the developpers to just check the tracker...

Postby gabio » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:05 pm

as the bugtracker have the option: current CVS, i would suggest everyone to use it instead of just replying. But i don't know if the concerned developer look the testing build forum often for feedback. I find the "feedback in thread" a bit of a mess as some bug may be not explained correctly of repeated by multi user. Though this can append in the bugtracker too. I Suggest pointing beta tester to the tracker if they find something and make sure the bug is not already tracked.

Postby Kenden » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:18 am

Thanks gabio,

I submitted bugs in the testing builds forum, nothing happened.

I resubmitted them in the bug tracker, they were fixed within 1 day :shock:

Return to “Testing Builds”