having trouble with track to

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

basic389

having trouble with track to

Postby basic389 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:24 pm

I am having trouble rigging the front of my construction truck. I have the blender 2.3 guide and have read rigging mechanics section and after following those instructions I still cannot not get it to work. I am specifically having problems with the hydraulics system, I am trying to get the pistons to track each other but it is not working.
I tried to upload the file to this forum but I guess blender.org doesn't allow it. So I will have to email you the blender file and hopefully you can tell me what I am doing wrong.[/url]

oyster

Postby oyster » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:54 am

donno what is your trouble, but have you tried alt+r/alt+s?
btw: for general discussion other than development discussion, www.elysiun.com is better than www.blender.org

basic389

Postby basic389 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:17 pm

thank you for responding to my email. I solved the problem. I was selecting the objects out of order. I was suppose to select the target object first. Now I am having another problem. the rotation is off. when I added the track to constraint it rotated my the object little bit. Now its not lined up right. My object does point to the target but not right at it it points below it. The dashed line thats created when you add the constraints points correctly at the target but the object is not on that dashed line its a little off
I tried alt+r but that doesn't work. How can I fix this problem.

I hope my post is not too confusing--Please help

macouno

Postby macouno » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:45 am

yeah I know what you mean... that's the problem when you have things already at an angle before you set the track to.

I'd try removing the track to... then making sure the pistons/hydraulics line up perfectly vertically or horizontally... then set the track to again and move them to their supposed position.

And of course you could always just go into edit mode and alter the angle a little... not neat but it works.

basic389

Postby basic389 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Thank you, I adjusted the pistons in edit mode and now they are lined up perfectly. There's got to be a better way though. well anyway--

Now another problem--Can someone tell me why when I press p game mode my model looks as if someone blew it up. I wanted to see how my model looks in game mode and I got some unexpected results. It ony effected the parts of the truck that I added the track to constraint to. All the other parts looked fine. --please help

Return to “Animation”