advances in the bone system?

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

macouno

advances in the bone system?

Postby macouno » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:37 pm

Hey folks.

I remember there being lots of discussions about the current armature systems and on how they could be improved. With things such as constraints that would stop the boned moving beyond limit values or in some directions alltogether.

But ehr... is anyone actually looking into that stuff? Or is all the development being done in the undos and such?

z3r0_d

Postby z3r0_d » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:46 pm

until next week development will probably not really begin on that

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... =0&thold=0

harkyman

Postby harkyman » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:35 pm

They'll start working on it soon. I just put up my character animation proposal here:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=31948#31948

and here:

http://www.harkyman.com/animprop/caproposal.html

aligorith

Re: Bone system improvements

Postby aligorith » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:08 pm

A way to make some bones not move in certain directions would be helpful. However, it is best that this would be a constraint, and not something that had to be set for each bone.

bertram

Re: Bone system improvements

Postby bertram » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:47 pm

aligorith wrote:A way to make some bones not move in certain directions would be helpful. However, it is best that this would be a constraint, and not something that had to be set for each bone.

In my opinion setting up xyz-limits should be on a per-joint-base. Aswell as the definition of the appropriate min and max damping values for them.

macouno

Postby macouno » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:45 pm

That's an interesting thing to say since there's been talk about sepparating joints and bones.... though I don't really remember what the point of it was.

And constraints would be quite perfect, but not possible with the current system apparently.

Another thing to consider.... Now we have to create an extra bone for inverse kinetics. Why not make it so that you can just make the "last" bone in a string the inversibly kineticly master daddy thingy (I just don't know how to say it right). Simply, no extra bone, Just a switch which you toggle for the last bone so that you can just move that one around.

joeri

Postby joeri » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:14 pm

I'd rather have an IK object that's the IK daddy. Might look like an empty or a gizmo.

Separating joints and bones can be helpfull in getting rid of modes.
Select the bone for FK and joint for Pose or IK. Or something else.

Money_YaY!

Postby Money_YaY! » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:09 am

Aw what ever it is I hope we dont just get a rehash of what we already have ..

Something new something innovateive. Something with springs and weights and auto vertice select and stuff like that ???>???

Something ultraaa

Return to “Animation”