Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon 2.25 Compiled on Slackware, but problems in the code

lholt

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:59 am
Finally got V2.25 autoconsficated to compile and install on my Slackware 8.0. Had to move the Mesa libs to /usr/local/lib. It compiles fairly clean and installs ok. See my other post for machine details. The source tree and make files look good.

Two big problems with the code. It segfaults on "ADD TEXT" or if a .blend contains text. Looked at psfont.c in the source tree and found a variable (fakepos) running wild. It's a pointer to the font hexobj so we are reading way past the end. fakepos got to 37368 when it segfaults, fakemax is 4712. I haven't figured out why yet. I don't understand the code well enough. Seems like who ever is calling fakegettoken is doing it way to much.

The other problem is the 3d window. There is no side view. I think. There's only 2 views and one of them is top. Front looks like side, in which case you don't get a front. Which ever. It's showing F in the view seletor.
Not quite ready for prime time.

V2.23 won't read libs so I guess I'm stuck using 2.03 from teh Blender book.

Hope somebody finds this at least interesting if not helpful. If no one else is seeing these problems, I'd really like to hear about it. Maybe I got out of date libs or bad breath or something.

mavos

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:48 am
Quote:
The other problem is the 3d window. There is no side view. I think. There's only 2 views and one of them is top. Front looks like side, in which case you don't get a front. Which ever. It's showing F in the view seletor.
Not quite ready for prime time.

This is already fixed in CVS.

lholt

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:32 pm
Thanks for the reply mavos.

As usual, an answer to a question spawns lots more questions. I got autoconf blender 2.25 from roseta as mentioned in another post. It worked for me, just fine. After your answer I decided I'd better get withthe CVS so I don't do more dumb stuff. At the CVS I find I need a new automake and autoconf and have to edit all kinds of cryptic make files.

Question: do the folks that did autoconf blender at rozeta have anything to do with the CVS folks? Are they 2 seperate groups? How do I decide which to join if I want to help

PhaethonH

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:44 am
lholt wrote:
Thanks for the reply mavos.

As usual, an answer to a question spawns lots more questions. I got autoconf blender 2.25 from roseta as mentioned in another post. It worked for me, just fine. After your answer I decided I'd better get withthe CVS so I don't do more dumb stuff. At the CVS I find I need a new automake and autoconf and have to edit all kinds of cryptic make files.

Question: do the folks that did autoconf blender at rozeta have anything to do with the CVS folks? Are they 2 seperate groups? How do I decide which to join if I want to help

I'm the person to blame for the original autoconfiscating effort. Smile

Currently I'm helping on the blender.org CVS tree.

So the short answer is, join the cvs team Cool
echo '70:68:61:65:74:68:6F:6E:40:6C:69:6E:75:78:2E:75:63:6C:61:2E:65:64:75:' |
perl -npe 's/([^:]+):/chr(hex($1))/ge'

Jump to: