Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon The ongoing saga of Blender on Slackware -- now in CVS

lholt

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 7:52 pm
Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 18
Thanks to PhathonH for the reply to my previous post. I got myself hooked to the CVS as recommended and have a whole new set of problems. I did upgrade my autoconf and automake to the latest.

The autoconfig.txt in the doc/ dir seems to be confused. It's telling me to make a new dir in THIS dir which is doc/. I figure it's a typo and do it in /blender

Anyway. I run bootstrap and get a whole list of something like
--------
Running aclocal ...
Running automake --gnu --add-missing...
intern/Makefile.am:4: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined.
intern/Makefile.am:4: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
intern/Makefile.am:4: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
intern/bmfont/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined.
ect......... forever for most all Make files

Then it runs
Running autoconf ...
configure.ac:23: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
---------
Took a look at configure.ac and AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is in there, but I take it that the macro itself sin't defined. Is this something I'm supposed to do?

Spend a couple of hours struggling thru Autoconf.info ( I hate info) and never did find m4_pattern_allow and how to use it. Probably won't help anyway.
Reply with quote


PhaethonH

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:44 pm
Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 10
Need "libtool". 1.4.x
_________________
echo '70:68:61:65:74:68:6F:6E:40:6C:69:6E:75:78:2E:75:63:6C:61:2E:65:64:75:' |
perl -npe 's/([^:]+):/chr(hex($1))/ge'
Reply with quote


lholt

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:40 pm
Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 18
Sory for the miss-spell of your name Phaethon
re: libtool
Already have it

root@lholt:~/blender>libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4 (1.920 2001/04/24 23:26:1Cool
Sun Dec 1 10:35:28 HST 2002
root@lholt:~/blender>which libtool
/usr/bin/libtool
[/quote]
Reply with quote


PhaethonH

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:05 am
Joined: 15 Oct 2002
Posts: 10
Only thing I can think of is to run libtoolize before running aclocal.

The other is making sure the newer autoconf/automake binaries are actually running (check with --version).
_________________
echo '70:68:61:65:74:68:6F:6E:40:6C:69:6E:75:78:2E:75:63:6C:61:2E:65:64:75:' |
perl -npe 's/([^:]+):/chr(hex($1))/ge'
Reply with quote


SirDude

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:27 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2002
Posts: 939
If your still having problems with this,

I tried copying acinclude.m4 from /usr/local/share/libtool/libltdl/
into my blender dir and that seemed to fix the problem.
Reply with quote


 
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group