a bug? renaming bones with multiple actions

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Roja

a bug? renaming bones with multiple actions

Postby Roja » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:43 pm

I think I may have found a bug.

I have 1 model in my scene that is rigged/animated. I have multiple actions for this model. I then wanted to change a few bone names, so I went into edit armature mode, and changed the names I wanted. At first everything seemed fine, the animation for the action I was currently on worked just as it had before. However, when I switched to a different action, the old bone names still showed in the action "channels", I think they are called. I didn't see anyway of renaming them, and the model seemed as though it was not rigged for the bones I had changed the names of.

Is this a bug?

Roja

Postby Roja » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:28 am

Does anyone know if this is a bug at all? I don't want to report it if it's not...

theeth

Postby theeth » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:52 am

It's not a bug. Actions are made to work on multiple armatures, which is why they use the bones name to link correctly. That way, you could have an action for a walk cycle of a biped with wings (and angel for example) and it would work ok on one without wings.

So, just make sure you have the names right before starting to create multiple action blocks.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Roja

Postby Roja » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:36 am

oh ok, thanks. :)
But, is there any way to rename the action channels(bone names) after you have made them? If not, it would be a great feature...

Return to “Animation”