Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Yeah! But how?

droddl

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:43 pm
Woohoooo! Its free!
But how can i compile it and run it? Wat programs do i need?

Aoe2bug

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:30 am

yea, if your using windows you cant compile it, you'll need the compilers and they cost money. LInux comes with compilers for free.

Drackir

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:33 am

I have Cygwin which is a unix emulator for windows. Could I use that? I know it has a compiler in it but i dunno how to use it.

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 3:55 am

is there a .dsw that encompasses the entire project and builds some sort of binary?

IngieBee

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:21 am
Grrrrr, I open this reply box, and it took so long, I almost forgot what I was going to say..... Ah yes, I hope this makes sence since I can't read previous comments like you can on Elysiun, anyway

You can download from http://www.bloodshed.net a program called DEV-C++ which works almost identically like Micro$oft's Visual C++ and it's free.

If I ever understand how to put the sources into a project in it, I'll let you know, but I don't know &^% about programming, and I need help, so if anyone can help, please do

Thanks, Ingie

Charlls

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:00 am

hey dont bother, Dev-C++ isnt a compiler, it just use an existing compiler in the platform you are on (which is windows, isnt?),.. you dont need to use Dev-C++ or any other IDE (Integrated Development Enviroment) unless you are going some serious coding, which im sure is not the case =)

the problem now is, that , compiling Blender is only possible for Ton and other Blender developers since 1) the makefile system isnt working 2) there are no instructions, documentation or any kind

in other words, everyone is waiting for Ton to set up the correct cvs source, because obviously there was some error: the cvs source isnt usable

Regards

VelikM

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 6:57 am
gcc for windows.
http://membres.lycos.fr/poulainl/gcc4ms_us.htm

Drackir

Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:51 am
Charlls is right. I don't think its possible to get it to run in windows(for now anyways). I don't think that Ton was quite ready to release the source code because it has no documentation what-so-ever. Eventually I'm sure that it will be fixed. Just a little more waiting....

Jump to: