Camera Help

Animation tools, character animation, non linear animation

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

neox42

Camera Help

Postby neox42 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:10 pm

I have a question and I think somebody might have an answer.

My friends and I are making a movie in blender. But not just your ordinary 3D movie it will be stereoscopic and use 3D glasses. I have decided the easiest way to do this is to shoot the movie with three cameras lined up. The left camera will be flittered for the glasses, the center camera will be a normal camera in case the glasses idea backfires, and the right camera will be flittered for the glasses also. The two side cameras are parented to the center one.

My questions are:

How can I switch from one camera to another? By that I mean, when I hit “0” it always goes to the left one because I made that one first. How do I change that so I can view the other cameras?

Is there any way I can render all 3 cameras at once and get 3 different outputs?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. You feedback is much appreciated.

-Andrew Jajack

joeri

Postby joeri » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:22 pm

I just finished a stereo movie.
The crowd was pretty impressed. We used polaroid beamers to project the movies, very nice indeed.

I'm using the left eye in mono projections. Rendering 3 streams (and editing) was a little too much work.
Be carefull with the distance between the 2 outside cameras. to switch to the right camera select it and press ctrl-pad0. (anything in blender can be a camera! even a cube!)
But,.. if I might be so bold! you can't render the different camera's with one button. What I want to suggest is that you make duplicate scenes. (instance might be a better word). Or use your base scene as set in another scene. Then you can render all the scenes from command line with the -S option (for all the options type -h).

Good luck!

O, I forgot to say: User questions are best asked on a user forum. Unless you want this post to inspire a developer to write multiple camera output :)

A nice link when your on windows: http://mitglied.lycos.de/stereo3d/

Return to “Animation”