please some could mind to explain us how to compile it?

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

please some could mind to explain us how to compile it?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:34 am

Hi folks,

hmm... i can't help but note that no one atm is able to compile Blender...

im getting this error:

]$ make
make: /home/charles/develop/source/tools/guess/guessconfig: Command not found
(@(@re/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/make.momake: /home/charles/develop/source/tools/guess/guessconfig: Command not found
À@À@make: /home/charles/develop/source/tools/guess/guessconfig: Command not found
À@À@****> Make all by @ at 21:46:10 13-Oct-2002 on
====> make all in source/creator
make[1]: /home/charles/develop/source/tools/guess/guessconfig: Command not foundmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/charles/develop/blender/source/creator'
cc -c -DNDEBUG -funsigned-char -FIX_NAN_WARN -I -I../blender/render/extern/include -I../blender/radiosity/extern/include -I../blender/misc -I../blender/imbuf -I../blender/makesdna -I../blender/blenlib -I../blender/include -I../blender/renderconverter -I../blender/blenkernel -I../blender/bpython/include -I../blender/blenloader -I../kernel/gen_system -I../kernel/gen_messaging -I/home/charles/develop/lib//blenkey/include -I/home/charles/develop/lib//guardedalloc/include creator.c -o /home/charles/obj//creator/creator.o
cc: unrecognized option `-FIX_NAN_WARN'
creator.c:37:30: MEM_guardedalloc.h: No such file or directory
creator.c:80:20: render.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/home/charles/obj//creator/creator.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/charles/develop/blender/source/creator'

so, PLEASE, anyone could mind to explain step by step how to compile this beast?

THANKS!!!!!!

Charlls

Postby Charlls » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:34 am

no, im NOT talking about compiling on windows, im talking on good ol' linux

:evil:

blenderman

Postby blenderman » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:26 am

you have to make sure your source is put in your home dir/develop (ie /home/charles/develop. Then you have to make the guess config executable (chmod +x /home/charles/develop/source/tools/guess/guessconfig) then you sit at the top level of the source and type make publisher. that (obvoiusly) doesnt work so you will then need to look at another howto to finish off the job

Return to “News & Chat”