Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon How long do you think....?

blenderage

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:39 am
How long do you think it will be until retard non programmer such as myself can expect to download blender2.25 and double click on a pretty icon and everything happen by itself Smile (if ever) im sorry if these seems ignorant or impatient its just i havent a clue about compiling, i learn how if it the only way but im sure they are other inexperienced programmer blender users who are wondering the same thing. Thanks for your help.

jochym

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:46 am
You can download some binaries even now. Look at
http://rozeta.com.pl/blender/bin/ . There are binaries for debian/GNU/Linux sid distribution (they may work on other dists but it is not very likely).
I think that it would not take long, now we have tree which builds on at least
one arch.

P.

adyus

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:40 am
what blenderage forgot to add is that some of us use windows...ONLY windows...what about us?

Eric

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:12 pm
adyus wrote:
what blenderage forgot to add is that some of us use windows...ONLY windows...what about us?

we don't give a sh** about you Razz

rwv01

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:26 pm
adyus wrote:

Please be patient. Itís only been a couple of days and a Windows version has been intended from the beginning.

I'm also a Windows user and a non-programmer and I can tell you they havenít forgotten us. The Blender Foundation would however appreceate a donation to support the cause.

gorgan_almighty

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:54 pm
LOL so they'll give us it 4 free if we pay them to? Very Happy

forcefield

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:47 pm
nikolatesla20 did it! Install the full version of python 2.0 and you can run his binary.

The game stuff does not work, but the issues I had with version 2.23 are all fixed.

gorgan_almighty

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:21 pm
forcefield wrote:
Install the full version of python 2.0

All you need to do is copy the python20.dll file from the blender 2.23's directory into blender 2.25's directory, you don't actually need to download the full version of python at all. Smile

xitnalta

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:29 pm
gorgan_almighty wrote:
LOL so they'll give us it 4 free if we pay them to? :D

Seriously, this whole Blender-Going-Free-Software was never about it being gratis. Of course, if you are very patient and have the time to wait for a very long time (or maybe forever), then everything you want you can get for free (ie. gratis). Free software can cost a lot of money, and I've paid already 80 Euros for this very cause. If you want something to proceed faster than it normally would (through voluntary work), do like you would do elsewhere: pay for it!

Or read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html about the other meaning of free...

Jump to: