License & Usage Question

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ec2

License & Usage Question

Postby ec2 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:19 pm

I work as a graphic artist for a small software company. I've been using Bender in some of my production work and have recently created a product logo and icon.

Based on this statement in the documentation:

The individual license is meant for freelance media professionals or one-man companies. The License (and Key) will be put on the name of this person only. The owner can personally use the Publisher Key on any computer he/she owns, also when these computers require different OS versions of Blender Publisher. Individual licensees can distribute media containing Blender players up to 1000 copies.

I was wondering if the individual license allows me to use it in my employment (I also plan to use it for freelance and personal projects)
Or am I in violation of the license? I am using the current key located in the download section. Any dircetion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

pato

Re: License & Usage Question

Postby pato » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:23 pm

ec2 wrote:I work as a graphic artist for a small software company. I've been using Bender in some of my production work and have recently created a product logo and icon.

Based on this statement in the documentation:

The individual license is meant for freelance media professionals or one-man companies. The License (and Key) will be put on the name of this person only. The owner can personally use the Publisher Key on any computer he/she owns, also when these computers require different OS versions of Blender Publisher. Individual licensees can distribute media containing Blender players up to 1000 copies.

I was wondering if the individual license allows me to use it in my employment (I also plan to use it for freelance and personal projects)
Or am I in violation of the license? I am using the current key located in the download section. Any dircetion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Blender 2.25 has been made completely free (in terms of price). If you download Publisher now the key is licensed to the Foundation. You should be able to use it w/o worrying about any licensing problems.

-Pato

ec2

Postby ec2 » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:35 pm

Pato

Thank you for replying. Ok, then I will forge ahead in confidence.

ec2-

jeotero

Postby jeotero » Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:45 am

Try to send an email to Ton , just to be sure ;)

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:43 pm

The Publisher key was tied to you as a person, so you can use it at home or at your work without restrictions.

The free version you can download here grants you the same rights.

joeri

Postby joeri » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:28 am

You might want to download a key for your co-workers as well, so when they touch your machine no license is broken.

While you're at it, download a key for the rest of the world a well. So anyone touching anypart of blender has his own personal key, and you (or they?) never break any license.

-Joeri

Return to “Documentation & Education”