Previous Thread  Next Thread

chat icon Blender for windows update.

nikolatesla20

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:41 pm
I finished a few changes and reuploaded the
newest Blender windows binary.

http://webpages.charter.net/nikolatesla20/blenderwin.zip

Sorry to make you download it again. It got NLA (Non linear animation)and EXE export to work, although EXE export won't work unless you have "blenderplayer.exe". And the thing is, without the physics engine (the SOLID collision library) games won't work anyway, so EXE export is kinda pointless.

Also, note that NLA is for armatures and actions.

If plugins still don't work, I don't know why yet - perhaps the API changed? I found comments in the files about plugins going away eventually. I have not tracked the source of the failure just yet.

As far as python API, well, this API has changed again (as usual). For example, in a script which used to use "Blender.getCurrentScene()", this call will fail. That's because in the new API it's "Blender.Scene.getCurrent()". It seems more object based. Remember, if you are creating a python script then you should do a "print dir(Blender)" to see what functions are available to you. Also, the source comes with python interface docs, if they are up to date. Check them out.

-nt20

theeth

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:45 pm
nikolatesla20 wrote:
Also, note that NLA is for armatures and actions.

it also works for the IPO window with the same relation the Action window has with bone IPOs (you can manipulate the keyframes and copy them, ...)

Good job

Martin

adyus

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:51 pm
you saved my life and insanity. I've been waiting for this to happen all week. Thanks nikolatesla20. You are a hero. I'll worship you every time I render Very Happy

phase

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:52 pm
I really wanna have a go at compiling with msvc and am
following the directions from nikolatesla's guide.

But alas, i have no clue about cvs, and have no ambition
to master the specifics of cvs either.

So if anyone's reading this, (niko Smile ) could you be so kind
to post the uncorrupted sources anywhere ?

thx

gorgan_almighty

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:42 pm
nikolatesla20 wrote:
It got NLA (Non linear animation)and EXE export to work, although EXE export won't work unless you have "blenderplayer.exe". And the thing is, without the physics engine (the SOLID collision library) games won't work anyway, so EXE export is kinda pointless.

Complex games like the one i'm working on don't rely so much on the physics engine so EXE export is still useful for me. But aint it ment to compile the game as a stand-alone application without the need for a "blenderplayer"??

so how do we compile blenderplayer.exe? Question

nikolatesla20

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:46 pm
From what I can tell, the way it works is this:

It takes an already compiled program (blenderplayer.exe) and sticks your blend file either into it ( as a resource) or with it. Then it sets up some information somewhere so blenderplayer.exe knows to open your blend file and play it.

Problem is, publisher looks for the blenderplayer.exe when it goes to create the EXE. I dont have blenderplayer ( I think I did at one time), so I cant test it, and I cant compile blenderplayer because it's missing the collision detection.

-nt20

protoplazm

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:46 pm
YEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Very Happy

thank you thank you thank you niko!! you are a blender god!! you will go down in history as the hero who got blender to compile. much respect Very Happy

peace

gorgan_almighty

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:03 pm
nikolatesla20 wrote:
From what I can tell, the way it works is this:

It takes an already compiled program (blenderplayer.exe) and sticks your blend file either into it ( as a resource) or with it.

Yep i just downloaded your latest binary, tryed it and came to the same conclusion. can't blenderplayer.exe be compiled without the physics same as your binaries are though?

Your doin great work though i dont mean 2 knock it or anythin Smile

And like i said if anyone wants to have a go at buildin a new physics engine 4 blender then ive got the maths if youve got the C++ skills Smile

gorgan_almighty

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:35 pm
I've just noticed a problem with the "compress file", "sign file" and "lock file" options under
File > File Options

They don't do anythin but give this error message in the dos window:

Code:
bad call to addqueue: 1 (16392, 1)

Confused

MrMunkily

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:44 pm
lock and sucha ren't ever going to work - that code's been removed i beleieve.

Jump to: