SWF Export for Blender

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nuance9

Postby nuance9 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:27 pm

I too am very interested in this idea. I recently purchased Swift 3D, but the modeling is quite limited compared to Blender.

Any update on exporting Blender to SWF??

Thanks!!

++JP

Riskbreaker

Postby Riskbreaker » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:40 pm

Hey guys, I dont mean to sound annoying and impatient, I just want to know how far you guys have gone to...er... so far?

Fred_Pyo

Postby Fred_Pyo » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:18 am

Yeah, volcaino, I've been waiting for moths for a little whatsoever update... :D...

Is it available for download? Or should we wait a lil bit more?
I like how it's turning out...

Brij

Postby Brij » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:05 pm

Volcano: I would like to help if I could.

Although I don't know python yet, I do know java, php, and perl. And some linear and matrix algebra. I dunno if any of that helps at all now..haha! But I can pick up languages pretty quickly, so I could learn some python to help out if need be.

I just want to get involved! I think I'm gonna setup a blender site now, if you need some space give me a shout.
It'll be http://blender.s-zen.com/ or something, actually..boom..I've set it up already.

Thanks

-Brij

blendingstubb

Postby blendingstubb » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:32 am

Wow! Great job guys. Keep up the work. Maybe during December this year i will begin learning python.

Riskbreaker

Postby Riskbreaker » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:33 pm

Er..fellas...getting kinda worried here....I really like this project yu got here. Hows it going..if at all?

Fred_Pyo

Postby Fred_Pyo » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:08 am

Oh i know I shouldn't raise a false alarm like this but... dudes! Is something being done on the Blender2Flash department? :D

volcaino

Postby volcaino » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:26 pm

Hey all,

Sorry for the long period of silence. This project is something that i would love to see completed, but i don't have much time at the moment to spend on it.

I am going to post what i have done so far so that anyone who wants to have a crack at getting something else working on it is able to.

Just give me a couple of days to clean up the code a bit, and i'll let ya have the URL to it :)

Volcaino

Fred_Pyo

Postby Fred_Pyo » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:06 am

:D yay!
I wanna see what you got done until now... (please also include all instructions on WHAT OTHER files to get to use the exporter, i.e. python 2.2.2.2.2.... or.... whatever.... you know what i mean)

kflich

did somthing move here ?

Postby kflich » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:35 am

woa ... progress in the SWF post, never thought i'll see the day. i was watching it pushed down a little but every day, hoping someone will spring out of nowhere with somthing new... and the day has come !!! thank you volcaino !!! can't wait to see what you manged to do. :D

Fred_Pyo

Postby Fred_Pyo » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:22 pm

seems you've got your personal fan club here volcaino LOL :lol:

DON'T BRING US DOWN! :P :D

volcaino

Postby volcaino » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:17 am

ok everyone - here it is, the link to what I have done so far.

just bear in mind that this is NOT yet finished, it is merely being posted due to my time restriction on working on the project.

http://coultoncreation.helix.net.nz/blender/

let me know how you guys get on with improvements :)

volcaino

kflich

Postby kflich » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:22 am

i knew somthing will spoil my fun ... where the heck am i supposed to find blender 2.6 ? ... damn, well i guess i'll have to wait a little more untill someone port this to the newer versions.
thanx volcaino !!! you did a great job here !!!

volcaino

Postby volcaino » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:37 pm

hey all,

here is a link to a download for Blender 2.26. Hopefully with the new python API we won't have to update our scripts every time a new blender version gets released.

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.26/

if any of the code needs explaining (if anyone wants to do any further development), just post your question and i'll do my best to answer it :)

volcaino

volcaino

Postby volcaino » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:38 pm

hey all,

here is a link to a download for Blender 2.26. Hopefully with the new python API we won't have to update our scripts every time a new blender version gets released.

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.26/

if any of the code needs explaining (if anyone wants to do any further development), just post your question and i'll do my best to answer it :)

volcaino

Return to “Rendering”