Nice conference!

Discuss and propose activities, arrange carpools, share hotel rooms, arrange dormitories...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

rchin75

Nice conference!

Postby rchin75 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:03 pm

Hi,

Yesterday was my first time at a Blender3D-conference. I had no idea what to expect, but since I'm a Blender user, and interested in 3D-stuff and in open-source development I just had to join this conference.

Nice conference! I like the great diversity in subjects. Unfortunately I couldn't make it for the other two days because of other obligations. However, now I'm trying out the video stream. Works fine, only it is difficult to hear the questions from the audience. And maybe the sound should be switched off during the breaks. :wink: And it would be nice to have some -"this is a break, please wait"- screen.

Hopefully till next year!

joeri

Postby joeri » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:35 am

Well cool requests.

It should not be to difficult, there was a video mixer (although it broke down during the conference). And with a little computer output a pause thingy can easaly displayed, we just need someone to operate the mixer switch.

Since it will be easy for you to attent the conference next year (?) This might be a good task for you ?

rchin75

Postby rchin75 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:36 am

Sure, if I can be there next year then I can operate the mixer switch. :D

joeri

Postby joeri » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:48 am

Cool !

bmud

Postby bmud » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:54 pm

With a mixer, it would also be really easy to hang an "audience mic" from the ceiling. I agree that it was really hard to hear the questions asked.

I've watched the videos two years in a row, and I've gotta say that I'm really excited about trying to put together a presentation of my own -- and using blender's game engine for the slides instead of powerpoint/Oop 8)

The progression of Verse development was by far the most impressive, but still without a whole lot of community support (yet!) I still can't figure out how to get a bitmap into that color correction app he made -- defeating the purpose completely... [/rant]

I'm suprised that the bcgp didn't make a presentation. weird.

Return to “Blender Conference 2013”