object browser

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

object browser

Postby jjwoiak » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:38 pm

I think it would be useful to have a window that displayed all objects of a sceen in a object tree, and for this object tree to be drag and drop enabled.
this would speed up productivity because it would eliminate the need to sellect each child and parent. indevidual objects or entire branches could be moved within the tree.

just a sugestion

Postby Dani » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:29 pm

You must be talking about the Oops window (shift+F9)
There you can see all the components of the project.
You can select objects in there. Use L Key to see what it's linked to. Use SHIFT+S to shuffle the Oops
Alt+S to shrink te oops.

The Funblender has improved this window so you can rename whatever you want within the window and delete i think... have a look at the blender chat forum.

Postby alt » Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:29 pm

I guess jjwoiak could also mean explorer-style (files'n folders) hierarchy window like in Softimage|XSI. It is extremely useful, parenting like a charm, deleting materials and whatever in drag'n drop -style.

Postby diz » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:35 pm

I think too that it would be a very nice feature. In fact, I think that these features could be implemented in the oops window, no need for another representation type like explorer-style.

This would make modelling of complex scenes faster. And also make the oops window really useful, because now it only has some kind of "educational" purpose. I mean that the oops window is useful to understand how blender works, and how a file is structured, but while working it has only few utility.

Postby xand » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:50 pm

you've got also the shift+F4 windows.

all is in blender, just need to find it.

Postby diz » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:27 pm

xand wrote:you've got also the shift+F4 windows.

Yes, I know, thank-you. :)

But I was talking about some functionality, such as making tracks and parent links, or assigning textures and materials, in such a view like the oops window. I mean, that it would be great if you could change the links you see in the oops window within the oops window.

Actually, I don't know if this is also implemented in the funblender, I'll have a look at it as soon as I've some time.

Return to “Interface & Tools”