Siggraph Educators Program

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Site Admin

Siggraph Educators Program

Postby ton » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:10 pm

This week I checked the siggraph website, and found out their deadlines are closing soon... I've visited that conference 4 years in a row now, and always thought it was a shame the official Siggraph program hardly pays any attention to Blender, or open-source/non-commercial software in general.
Especially the educators program is completely ignoring Blender, whilst they always complain about the lack of affordable cross-platform software to use at highschools or colleges.

The educators committee prefers 'papers' submissions. That's a 20-30 minute presentation, usually a case study. Other activities include:
- Forum: someone (or a few people) doing an introduction, followed by a group discussion.
- Workshop: hands-on demo, participants can use the software too.
- Panel: typically an interactive presentation; experts do a Q&A session.

Here's last year's program:

Contacting the educators committee:

Site Admin

Postby ton » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:44 am

testing... posting here seems to be problematic

Educator's Program Workshop Proposal

Postby joshuaseaver » Sun Jan 26, 2003 3:44 am

Hello All.

I am planning to submit a proposal for a workshop showing how we've successfully used Blender in our informal science computer classes at the Science Museum of Minnesota.

Anyone have time to review the proposal and give me feedback before wednesday? If so, I will give you a url to grab the Word Doc.

Otherwise, anyone see any problems with submitting a workshop at siggraph? Will they provide computers fast enough to do Blender justice?

Willing to review your doc

Postby greasyScott » Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:53 am

I've got some time to take a look at your document. Might I also suggest contacting the Minnesota Chapter of SIGGRAPH for some help. I can give you the chair's contact information.
Good judgement
tends to precede
good fortune

Return to “Documentation & Education”