Tutorials

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

leinad13

Tutorials

Postby leinad13 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:33 pm

I know that there are alot of tutorials available for blender, but i was wondering if on this site or blender3d.com there will be published official tutorials. On the official newtek site for lightwave they have quite good short flash executables that introduce the interface i was thinking maybe someone who knew something about flash could have a quick dabble. I just think that an official site for tutorials will attract more people to blender.

Just an idea :idea:
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:43 pm

We want to make blender3d.org into a Blender product/usage/learning site. With all material from the past NaN site at this.

The old database is HUGE, a group of volunteers will look at it.

Mazer

Postby Mazer » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:34 am

ton, will this include the old CJ's from the blender.nl site?

theeth

Postby theeth » Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:06 am

Mazer wrote:ton, will this include the old CJ's from the blender.nl site?

/me crosses his fingers

I don't have backups of my first and second CJ tuts, so that would be great! Plus all the other little tuts that people posted directly in the forum.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

georgel

Blender3d.org/UsingBlender/Texturing_Castle.html

Postby georgel » Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:56 pm

This sequence is of great help to me, an experienced member of the computer graphics community:)
however:
the page
http://www.blender3d.org/UsingBlender/T ... Castle.htm
appears to have several download buttons. None of these seem to connect to anytying; therefore, the sample castle can't be downloaded. The textures can be downloaded by clicking on the textures and saving the file, but the corresponding download buttons don't work.

If this is posted in the wrong place, please repost and also clue me in as to better practice.

georgel

ton
Site Admin

Postby ton » Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:31 pm

It's all still under construction.

However, the old blender.nl has been brought back up as well. There the original castle tutorial can be found:

http://oldsite.blender3d.org
http://oldsite.blender3d.org/showitem.php?id=5

-Ton-

Lorca

What about the new generation?

Postby Lorca » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:08 am

:cry: Were is the old tuts?
The links are totally crap (elsiun, old blender page, etc)!

A new user will never be able to start anything whithout a linear course like the old website.

Icalvert

Postby Icalvert » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:10 pm

I didnt look at a single tutorial for blender until I had worked out how to use a lot of it, and blender was the first 3d app that I had used. Also, Blender is much more user friendly now, with menus and so forth. I think i know blender much better because of it.
A new user will never be able to start anything whithout a linear course like the old website.

Bollocks.

Icalvert

Postby Icalvert » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:11 pm

I didnt look at a single tutorial for blender until I had worked out how to use a lot of it, and blender was the first 3d app that I had used. Also, Blender is much more user friendly now, with menus and so forth. I think i know blender much better because of it.

Bollocks.

Return to “Foundation and Websites”