ClipEnd limit?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

BlendedRacer

ClipEnd limit?

Postby BlendedRacer » Tue Feb 18, 2003 12:37 am

Hi,

Would it be possible to increase the ClipEnd limit to something greater than 1000?

I'm sure that most people don't change it from the default 500 value, but when your working on a 1 unit = 1 metre scaled track for output to a racing game, your scene can easily expand beyond the visible limit.

A value of 5000 to 10000 would be excellent and (I hope) wouldn't require anything more than changing a button limit value.

Cheers Stephen

PS Thanks for v2.26 The FIRST open source version of many!!

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:22 am

I would have to agree with this... I would like some sorta setting that can be changed if possible... but in the short term just increase it...

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:14 pm

What about resizing your entire scene and change the distance between the gridlines?

Pablosbrain

Postby Pablosbrain » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:45 pm

Do you ever run into the issue that you can only zoom in so far? I know I do... Its quite annoying... the only way I know to remedy this is to make things larger. This is where the issue comes into play. Changes like this dont' change the program any... they enhance it and make it more flexible. The custom 3D view already has a ClipEnd value... why not either make it larger or make it changeable. Thats all...

BlendedRacer

Postby BlendedRacer » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:26 pm

Eric wrote:What about resizing your entire scene and change the distance between the gridlines?

While this would require only minor mods to the ase and vrml2 output scripts I mainly use, I'd prefer not to mess with the scaling if possible.

I mainly use blender for track making and am working on (another) tutorial to encourage blender usage within the SportsCar GT 'modding' community.

[soapbox] I reckon game modding is a fertile field just waiting for Blender. [/soapbox]

Its hard enough to get zmodeler and 3d max users - [sarcasm] I wonder how they can afford that program :roll: [/sarcasm] to try blender without muddying the water with scaling issues.

Cheers Stephen

Return to “Interface & Tools”