hotkey lists I have done

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

basse

hotkey lists I have done

Postby basse » Sun Oct 20, 2002 6:28 pm

I've done some hotkey lists, and a small php script that shows them in HTML format and ASCII (that one you can load to your blender textedit window)..

they are here, if anyone needs them:

http://pasila.lib.hel.fi/~basse/blender/doc/hotkeys/

Ringo7

Re: hotkey lists I have done

Postby Ringo7 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:07 am

basse wrote:I've done some hotkey lists, and a small php script that shows them in HTML format and ASCII (that one you can load to your blender textedit window)..

they are here, if anyone needs them:

http://pasila.lib.hel.fi/~basse/blender/doc/hotkeys/

Thank you Basse. Very well done!

100thMonkey

Postby 100thMonkey » Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:05 am

thanks mate ... this is useful to help newbies

ox

Postby ox » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:35 pm

very valuable tool! thank you so much.

joeri

Postby joeri » Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:22 pm

Holy macaroni... Did that all by yourself huh?

-Joeri

xype

Postby xype » Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:48 pm

joeri wrote:Holy macaroni... Did that all by yourself huh?

Yah, he did a great job, didn't he? :roll:

Goofster

Postby Goofster » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:41 pm

can you guys stop the sarcasm and actually say what you are thinking? it's very annoying.

Good job basse, expecially the ascii list could come in veru handy (maybe an inbuilt system?)

Roel

S68

Postby S68 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:20 pm

As for current schedule on documentation the appendix "Hotkey Overview"
has been claimed by

Alexander Ewering

Basse, that is useful, and could be integrated in the manual, if you want to share/contribute you can contact Alexander.

Have a look on the bf-docboard mailing list archives for more info

Stefano

B@rt

Postby B@rt » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:07 am

S68 wrote:Basse, that is useful, and could be integrated in the manual, if you want to share/contribute you can contact Alexander.

Have a look on the bf-docboard mailing list archives for more info

Stefano

The point is, that this hotkeylist was made by Joeri, not Basse (great job to post it as your own!). So if we want to include it in the manual we should ask Joeri for his permission.

B@rt

S68

Postby S68 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:18 pm

B@rt wrote:The point is, that this hotkeylist was made by Joeri, not Basse.

Mmm... now I get the correct meaning of some posts in this thread...

Stefano

basse

Postby basse » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:35 pm

ok... ok, ok!! .. :)
this post is a bit long, because I am definetely not a man that steals others work, and present them as my own.. so I want to explain what this is all about.

the lists are based on exwhales work. and I didn't even try to make it look different. I liked the layout, so I tried as much as I could to keep the same appearance of it.
the reason why I did it, was because all the time I needed the list, I had to google it.. and it took forever to load... and finally I noticed, that due to some flamewar-reasons (which I didn't quite ever understood), he had removed all blender stuff from his page.

so, I just wanted to preserve the valuable information. that list was the thing I used daily. I even had it printed... :)

so, I took the data, and wrote it to a file. the list, I actually wrote isn't html page but a simple ascii file, and looks like this:
http://pasila.lib.hel.fi/~basse/blender ... ys/data.db

then I did php script, that reads the file and produces the same kind of page that was on exwhales site. (because I liked the design as I said)
I wanted also simple version that I can import to blender text window. so my php does that too. initially, this was for my own use.
I was going to do a automatic pdf conversion too, but that never got done..

then, somebody asked for hotkey lists, and I gave the link. read from the original post at elysiun ( http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=hotkey ) where I also said, it's based on exwhales list. I just did the php.

so.. ok, I copied the layout of the page (I thought it was nice, and gone), and I wrote the data-file based on the exwhales page.. but I never intended to steal anything. sorry, if it looks like that. I can remove the url to my list if needed.. or, I can of course change the appearance of the list...

so, I'm sorry.
sorry if I caused mixups, or bad feelings ...

if anything left unsaid, or need to comment, post here, or send me email.. (bastian.salmela@arssavonia.org)

p.s. I added the credits to my page.

.b

Goofster

Postby Goofster » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:35 pm

on a related note. I want to try to code a kind of "context sensitive" hotkey list in blender. do any of you (Joeri, Basse, or whoever has SOMETHING to do with this list :)) object to this? if you want I can make some kind of creditlist in it.

Roel

ps. Joeri, I apologize for that entire flamewar thing. sometimes I have to let of some steam and I always seem to do this at the wrong place and to the wrong people.

pss. Joeri, just visited your site, CONGRATULATIONS!

joeri

Postby joeri » Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:34 am

Not ready at all, but made with some rough paint:
http://www.nonakassenaar.nl/blender/hotkeys/

Return to “Documentation & Education”