Google Analytics overview of a month of Blender downloads. We serve almost half a million downloads per month!
Google Analytics for 1 year period, until April 17 2011:
This is only for the www.blender.org hits, not for all the other sites (like download, svn, trackers, blogs, wiki, shop, etc)
The Blender website is being visited by so many people that we can’t find time to process the website statistic files… with traffic peeks of 1.5 TB per month, these stats files just are too large to digest easily.
Over the period of july 2004 to june 2005 we did count the download stats though, and with no full stats available of the American and Australian mirrors we already counted:
over 1.8 Million Blender downloads the past year!
Only in the first week of the release of Blender 2.37 we counted over a quarter million already. :)
You can view the sheet with stats here. It also contains information about the amount of Windows, OSX and Linux versions loaded from our site.
Amsterdam, July 28th 2005.
Blender Foundation, Angela Plohman.
Since mid 2008, the blender.org domains run on 5 servers, with a monthly traffic of about 8 TB.
Time for new download stats!
- download.blender.org, 01-2008 to 01-2009, 59 TB transfered, in average 32% is binaries, 1.57MBlender downloads
- USA mirror, mirror.cs.umn.edu, 04-2008 to 04-2009, 20 TB transferred, 1.48M binaries.
- German mirror, blendertestbuilds.de, 05-2008 to 05-2009, 17 TB transfered, 240k binaries (mirror also does movies).
- Asian mirror, xenoncore.net, 90k downloads
- graphicall.org, testing builds, 90k per year.
This means that downloads via blender.org are over 3.4 Million per year.
Further you can find Blender on many sharing sites, such as download.com, majorgeeks.com, apphit.comm, filehippo.com, freewarefiles.com, softpedia.com…
Lots of thanks to our mirrors! :)
Amsterdam, April 2009