want to know more abt Blender ...

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nickbarkus

want to know more abt Blender ...

Post by nickbarkus »

Few days back i was searching for a good 3D Modeling tool and i came across a much talked 3d tool on gamedev :- Blender. Everyone was talking about the complex UI but when i worked on it with some help material from wiki and as well as from gamdev ( article : sword modeling ) i realized that Blender UI is the best i have ever seen.Since i have never worked on any other 3D modelling tool before and i would also say that i am very new to 3D... i wanted to know more about blender.

i have a question in my mind like if compared to a professional 3D tool like 3D Max or Maya does blender can compete with such tools ? can the stuffs that can be done on Max or Maya can also be produced with blender.I know Max or Maya are professional tools can as such would come with lot of features for automating some tasks . But capability wise can blender compete with these tools.

Also i wanted to know to for creating artwork for games what tools normally a 3d artist will use .

Can anyone advice me on this.

Thank you very much.
-Nick Barkus -

Lekane

Post by Lekane »

watch this : http://orange.blender.org/download
all done with Blender...

nickbarkus

Post by nickbarkus »

Thanks Lekane . It solves my query.

nickbarkus

Post by nickbarkus »

could nay one suggest me a nice 2d tool that can be used along with the blender.

thanks
-nick-

stiv

Post by stiv »

TuxPaint!

A good place to ask user questions is
http://blenderartists.org/forum/

The forums here are concerned with development.

teachtech

Post by teachtech »

There's a lot of getting started stuff out there for Blender. Here's a book you can use to get started also from my site:

nickbarkus

Post by nickbarkus »

thanks teachtech for your reply. yup i will help me out .thanks again